strix z390e vs Maximus XI Hero (Audio)

ahmedcs1985

Proper
Mar 6, 2018
Hello guys,

im working on a new gaming build and waiting for the new gigabyte z390 auros xtreme mobo which will be released soon

meanwhile im also fan of asus and i was comping the z390E and XI HERO

they are pretty much the same but what really matters for me is audio quality i noticed the z390e has Dual AMP and the hero has DAC

im not much of an audio export but can you help which one would give me better audio with my Hyper X Cloud Alpha gaming headset

AnthonyStew

Honorable
May 1, 2014
I have never really heard of anyone praising on-board audio from any motherboard. You probably won't even notice any difference with the headset that you currently own. You would need a decent studio reference headset to even notice anything distinctly different IMO. Default audio cards should probably be of the least concern if you are building a gaming rig. Most people will set out and change out the card or buy an amp, high quality headphones, etc if they are that invested into audio quality.

ahmedcs1985

Proper
Mar 6, 2018

can you recommend an amp , but there is already some motherboards have built in amp i dont know if that is good enough

i was considering also creative soundblaster z but i might not have space for PCI-e cuz i will install my GPU Vertically

AnthonyStew

Honorable
May 1, 2014
I have never used one and I am not very familiar with any specific brands/models. You will probably need to do some research or start a an audio thread to see what is the best on the market and for your card. I use AKG 553 Pro with Sonic Studio software for my audio and I have no complaints with my default Asus IX Hero audio card.