StrongPity 'Advanced Persistent Threat' Goes After WinRAR, TrueCrypt Users, Says Kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDane

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Link "Veracrypt" is the same as "Truecrypt". And you forgot a link to the complete version https://truecrypt.ch/ - still maintained btw but not by the creator who seem to have chickened out (NSA pressure perhaps?). Is an excellent encryption tool (if not the best) btw.

Willz13

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
Funny enough I got kasperskys total security and my pc started going very slow over the last 3/4 months leave me with no other choice but to go with an other anti-virus witch seem to work properly and sort out the problem kasperskys wasn't able to do leaving me with a waste of money as I still had 90 days left on kasperskys but lesson learnt and I for one will not use them again... bullguard all the way for me

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

Regarding Kaspersky products: "The company is headquartered in Moscow, Russia"
Perhaps it has been going very slow from time to time because your computer was zombied off to do something or another that it was not supposed to? I've gotten increasingly paranoid of late of any and all AV products... If a nation state wanted to do unspeakable things, it seems like infiltrating major (or open source) AV platforms would be a great way to put some more tools and resource into your toolbag.

Naaaah, that's just cray-cray right there.. that could not possibly happen! ...right?

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Who in their right mind would still be using TrueCrypt when BestCrypt and VeraCrypt have fixed the most blatant bugs in TrueCrypt after it was pulled from support by the creator of the software? No one I can think of.
If you are still using TrueCrypt and are doing something even 'naughty' but not illegal? Switch to one of those two supported programs. They are both open-source.

Status
Not open for further replies.