[SOLVED] Struggling to fit CPU onto MB, are the not compatible?

PandaChef

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
Hey

I just bought an MSI b560M pro motherboard with a AMD Ryzen 5600x. The CPU is not slotting into the motherboard. I am not an expert, but when I have done this previously the CPU always slotted without a problem.

Have I bought a motherboard which isn't compatible with the CPU? Researching it online hasn't given me a clear answer.

Thanks

Solution
Thanks, that was stupid of me.

What MB can you recommend instead? Would MSI B550M PRO-VDH be fine?

Also I didn't force the CPU, just dropped it gently and then stopped. Do you think it will be fine?
That board would be just adequate considering it's only a 5600X. I wouldn't want to run one of the high core count CPU's on it though.

The CPU may be fine, but you might also have bent up some of the very fragile contacts on the LGA socket on the motherboard. That will make it impossible to return it if you did as they are rarely repairable.

You can check the CPU by looking along the rows of the pins for any that are bent out of alignment. It's not difficult to bend back if it's just slightly out.
Thanks, that was stupid of me.

What MB can you recommend instead? Would MSI B550M PRO-VDH be fine?

Also I didn't force the CPU, just dropped it gently and then stopped. Do you think it will be fine?
That board would be just adequate considering it's only a 5600X. I wouldn't want to run one of the high core count CPU's on it though.

The CPU may be fine, but you might also have bent up some of the very fragile contacts on the LGA socket on the motherboard. That will make it impossible to return it if you did as they are rarely repairable.

You can check the CPU by looking along the rows of the pins for any that are bent out of alignment. It's not difficult to bend back if it's just slightly out.

Solution

PandaChef

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014

Thanks, what motherboard would you recommend?

Would GIGABYTE A520 AORUS ELITE ATX be better ?