Question Struggling to get fps from new 3060 ti gpu

Dec 1, 2022
Hi guys

I recently got a 3060ti graphics card. After playing some warzone 2 with it, the fps seemed to be struggling. To make it even weirder I watched a video of a guy testing different gpus on warzone and one of them was the 3060ti. I copied his exact settings (which he was getting 100+ fps using) however I'm struggling to get 60 fps (ranging 40-65). Would anyone be able to help me please? I
have fully updated drivers

My PC specs are as follows
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x 3.8ghz base 4.6ghz boost
GPU: GeForce GTX 3060 Ti
Ram: DDR4 2x8 gb (one is Corsair valueselect 2133mhz and the other I'm not sure as it came with my prebuilt ~ probably another budget ram stick)
Motherboard: B550-F gaming (wifi) PCle 4.0 ready
Storage: 970 Evo plus m2 ssd
650W power supply although prob not relevant

Any more questions let me know

Thanks a lot!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Do you know what CPU and memory that other person was using?

I agree, the CPU performance is going to be hampered by the slow memory. DDR4 3000 or 3200 would be more in line with what Ryzen likes to have. Also need to be sure you are running those sticks in a dual channel configuration. (if they are right next to each other, incorrect) Should be CPU, empty slot, 1st memory stick, empty slot, 2nd second memory stick.

Dec 1, 2022
Do you know what CPU and memory that other person was using?

I agree, the CPU performance is going to be hampered by the slow memory. DDR4 3000 or 3200 would be more in line with what Ryzen likes to have. Also need to be sure you are running those sticks in a dual channel configuration. (if they are right next to each other, incorrect) Should be CPU, empty slot, 1st memory stick, empty slot, 2nd second memory stick.
Thx for reply!

Not sure about his CPU but I think for my build the cpu is pretty good so I doubt that will be the main issue

And yea I did them in dual channel I googled thag before I did it, but they are different brand (and probably different speeds) which I heard sometimes causes issues? Thx for recommendation on the ram though. Think my next upgrade will defo be a couple good sticks of ram!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
3900X is certainly still a relevant CPU, yes. But particularly sensitive to memory speeds.

Inside of the 3900X is two CPU dies and an I/O die. The frequency at which they communicate is tied to the memory frequency. 1066Mhz in your case. When it could be as high as 1600Mhz with a DDR4 3200 kit.