[SOLVED] Struggling to play CS:GO with this PC

WilfredDrake

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
steamcommunity.com
I really can't play CS:GO peacefully and I don't know the reasons behind it. I get really hard fps drops and super stutters every time I shoot an enemy. Here is my PC specification.

Processor: i5-4590 @3.7GHz
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33
RAM: DDR3 8GB 1333MHZ 4x2
GPU: Palit StormX GeForce GTX 750 2GB GDDR5 OC
HDD: 500GB
SSD: 128GB

Solution
What did you do to reset the cpu speed to default?
How was it changed before?

Here are the miniimum and recommended hardware:
https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/counter-strike-global-offensive-system-requirements
Your I5-4590 has only 4 threads vs. the 12 of the recommended R5-3600X and the single thread performance is less also.
It is likely the single thread performance that is responsible for stuttering.

Then, also, GTX750 is not quite the power of a GTX1050ti.

Since you are now getting good performance, you are ok.
Do not worry if cpu or gpu is not running near 100%.
That is a very good thing. 100% usage would indicate a limiting factor.

a 128gb SSD is a red flag. If it approaches 90% full, it will slow down and lose...
I really can't play CS:GO peacefully and I don't know the reasons behind it. I get really hard fps drops and super stutters every time I shoot an enemy. Here is my PC specification.

Processor: i5-4590 @3.7GHz
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33
RAM: DDR3 8GB 1333MHZ 4x2
GPU: Palit StormX GeForce GTX 750 2GB GDDR5 OC
HDD: 500GB
SSD: 128GB
CS:GO has changed a lot since first versions asking for better hardware and that's 10 year old configuration wit insufficient resources. You simply need better better PC to play it at comfortable level.

Reactions: WilfredDrake

WilfredDrake

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
steamcommunity.com
CS:GO has changed a lot since first versions asking for better hardware and that's 10 year old configuration wit insufficient resources. You simply need better better PC to play it at comfortable level.
Well, just now I did return the CPU speed to its default. After that, I did try playing CS:GO and it gave me good performance, I don't get any hard fps drop and stutters but I'm worried about the usage of CPU and GPU while playing. CPU is about 60-80% and GPU is about 55-40-30%.

I agree to your statement and I understand it. Thank you for replying.

What did you do to reset the cpu speed to default?
How was it changed before?

Here are the miniimum and recommended hardware:
https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/counter-strike-global-offensive-system-requirements
Your I5-4590 has only 4 threads vs. the 12 of the recommended R5-3600X and the single thread performance is less also.
It is likely the single thread performance that is responsible for stuttering.

Then, also, GTX750 is not quite the power of a GTX1050ti.

Since you are now getting good performance, you are ok.
Do not worry if cpu or gpu is not running near 100%.
That is a very good thing. 100% usage would indicate a limiting factor.

a 128gb SSD is a red flag. If it approaches 90% full, it will slow down and lose endurance.

Reactions: WilfredDrake
Solution