So I recently put together my new pc.
Intel 8700k CPU
Maximus X Code motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 16gb RAM
Asus ROG Strix 1080ti O11G GPU, Which is about a year old
Samsung 850 evo SSD which is also about a year old
Segate Baracudda 2TB HDD
850w Gold EVGA Supernova PowerSuply

I had everything up and running, wiped my previous windows because I wanted a fresh install which was working fine despite my old HDD sharing some files with it, I was even running games on it. Anyway after wiping my SSD and connecting the new Seagate HDD installed a fresh windows 10. I also used the disk which came with my MB to install drivers the Ethernet drivers didn’t work in the beginning but seem to be installed now after windows did all its updates. I started to experience issues though. My main issue right now is my internet isn’t working correctly I can play games on steam and use discord but when I go into anything browser related I get connection timed out errors such as Err_Connection_Timed_Out, and nothing loads, this happens with any browser. I have noticed that it works a bit when I start up windows but then ceases to load any website, I’ve tried it in safemode and it seems to work better but still isn’t working correctly. The second problem I’m having is little freezes or stutters they’re sometimes huge too lasting 1-2 minutes, I have no clue what to do about these either as no troubleshooter helps me with either problem. I’ve even tried flushing DNS and changing my IPV4 no fix works, I’m out of ideas and I’m losing patience. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.

Jul 28, 2018
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDl)
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) l219-V
Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NlC
WAN Miniport (lKEv2)
WAN Miniport (lP)
WAN Miniport (lPv6)
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)
WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
WAN Miniport (PPTP)
WAN Miniport (SSTP)

There’s quite a lot of them, I’m not sure what the WAN Miniports are for.

Are you connecting to the internet through the wired Intel LAN port on the back of your motherboard or wirelessly through the motherboards built in Wi-Fi?

This post explains what WAN Miniports are for.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4w45ds/where_did_all_these_wan_miniports_come_from_is_it/

Jul 28, 2018
Alll clean, I was able to access the web for a minute when I started up the computer but the connection timed out, then my desktop froze but I was still able to move my mouse, I was then able to access one website and now it’s back to ERR_TIMED_OUT

Jul 28, 2018
I played a game or two of Dead By Daylight the night before I wiped everything for a fresh windows install and it seemed fine. I updated my windows using the WiFi though because when I used my Motherboard installation disk the LAN drivers wouldn’t install after it was updated they were there though. Just disconnected the HDD and booted the computer back up. I was able to load one website again, now it’s hanging on Establishing Secure Connection in the bottom left corner then it goes to ERR_TIMED_OUT.

If all this is starting after a fresh install of Windows 10, it must be a driver issue. Check all your drivers in Device Manager for anything that may be causing a problem. Do you have anything in your system that need special drivers Windows 10 may not have?

Jul 28, 2018
Everything in device manager seems fine. I think the only thing I needed drivers for that windows 10 didn’t offer was my GPU which I was able to install using GeForce Experience, it feels like it’s cutting in and out, like sometimes it lets me use browsers but most of the time it doesn’t because I was able to install a few things. I am able to play online games the only issue I’ve had with that is freezes or stuttering. The only other thing I could think of that might need drivers is my CPU? I’m also on the latest bios update.

You can try that. The motherboard is not very old so the drivers on the disk should still be O.K.

You could also try looking in Windows Event Viewer to see if it identifies a problem.
https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

Jul 28, 2018
I have to go out for a bit and grab some food, I’ll try that when I get home, hopefully I can get this fixed soon so I can start enjoying my new parts. Thank you so much for your time.

TRENDING THREADS