Stubborn flickering on TVs when used as HDMI display - we have tried everything!

Oct 5, 2018
Ever since moving into this apartment I have been troubled by a persistent flickering on my TV, which is used as a display for my PS4 and sometimes for my desktop and is connected through HDMI.

The screen will cut out to black and lose audio signal for a few seconds and then return to normal. This occurs intermittently with no clear pattern, though it seems to happen more often in the evening.

Sometimes the flickering will be triggered by the activation of home appliances eg the fridge and freezer, but it will also sometimes happen with no apparent trigger.

I have ruled out the following:

- There is not a problem with the TV because the same problem occurs on two different televisions.
- The problem is not related to cables because I have tried 3 different HDMI cables to no effect
- The TV flickers with both the PS4 and desktop PC input so my hardware is not faulty, though the desktop seems more affected, perhaps because the cable is longer?

I have spent a lot of time reading about this issue and have run out of possible solutions, so I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance

Ralston18

Titan
Have the Building Manager check electrical services to your apartment and all of the circuits within your apartment via your breaker/fuse box.

My thought is that your apartment's power service is simply not up to serving the power load being imposed.

Not at all uncommon.