[SOLVED] Stuck after log in screen windows 10

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
After entering password at log in screen, it stuck:
-Screen blank
-Mouse cursor is normal, can move
-Drive/Disk indicator light on PC case not even blinking (assuming no activity on main drive)
-After a while it's like 5 minutes or so, desktop shows up and everything starting up like usual

This happened when I turned on Fast Startup mode.
It also happened after I hibernate my PC, whether Fast Startup turned on and off.
Main drive (SSD) in UEFI mode.

-Booting time is fast when I turned on fast startup or did hibernating, but stuck on after-login screen, then it starts normally after some minutes.
-Everything's normal without fast startup or hibernating my PC, but the booting time took longer.

Well, we all know fast booting without any delay or problems is better. Here's my spec:

Windows 10 Pro
OS Build 17134.829

Asrock fatal1ty ab350 gaming k4
Ryzen 5 1600
Team Elite 8gb
Nvidia gtx1060 3gb
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250gb (OS) UEFI
HDD Seagate 1tb and WD 2tb

And... dunno whether these affected it or not:
Kaspersky Internet Security
F-Stream Tuning
MSI Afterburner 4.5.0
Riva TunerStatisticServer v.7
Sound Blaster Cinema
Realtek HD Audio Manager

Last edited:
Solution
Greetings. Looks like the problems are gone. Starting up is normal now, did several shut down to make sure. And here's some notes about it.

Condition One:
SSD on port Sata3_1
HDD1 on port Sata3_A1
HDD2 on port Sata3_4
Both HDD considered as removable devices in Windows
Fast Startup option is turned OFF.
Result... Normal Start Up.

Conditon Two:
Identical as Condition One but Fast Startup turned ON.
Result... STUCK, blank screen after entering the password. 2-5 minutes it's normal as usual.

Condition Three:
SSD on port Sata3_1
HDD1 on port Sata3_2
HDD2 on port Sata3_3
Both HDD recognized as non-removable drive in Windows
Fast Startup option is turned ON
Result... Normal, speedy start up.

Conclusion.
I'd always thought it was drive...

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Sounds like fast boot is an issue.
And you aren't satisfied with the boot time of that SSD? I have an 840 EVO 250GB and it's pretty quick.

Is that 8GB single channel?
What speed is the RAM running at?

Well, yes, its booting even slower than my other PC that's an Intel g2010 on 5400rpm HDD (Fast Startup enabled), it's even only 4gb ram on 1333mhz. Earlier I had Intel 2500K 8gb ram on 1600mhz that boot on 240gb Sandisk SSD, it does boot almost instantly (Bend my body, push CPU power button under the table, back to sit position and it was already on desktop loading start up apps). Now with more expensive part, I feel like nothing better. Kinda disappointed.

Ok, on the troubled PC, the 8gb RAM is dual channel @2667mhz.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
So as i understand you get a black screen with nothing loading into windows?It may be a corrupt windows/registry.When you get to the black screen press control+alt+del and see if you can choose task manager from task manager go to run and enter explorer.exe and see if it loads in.

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
So as i understand you get a black screen with nothing loading into windows?It may be a corrupt windows/registry.When you get to the black screen press control+alt+del and see if you can choose task manager from task manager go to run and enter explorer.exe and see if it loads in.
Pardon me for late reply. Did it, no response. Neither the Task Manager or Disk Indicator LED on my PC case. Around 2-5 minutes then all shows up (starting up normally), including Task Manager showed later, Disk Indicator blinking rapidly (as normal PC start up).
I'll keep (slow) update of this thread while I try everything possible. Cause til this day, I still have this weird starting up problem. -_-

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Greetings. Looks like the problems are gone. Starting up is normal now, did several shut down to make sure. And here's some notes about it.

Condition One:
SSD on port Sata3_1
HDD1 on port Sata3_A1
HDD2 on port Sata3_4
Both HDD considered as removable devices in Windows
Fast Startup option is turned OFF.
Result... Normal Start Up.

Conditon Two:
Identical as Condition One but Fast Startup turned ON.
Result... STUCK, blank screen after entering the password. 2-5 minutes it's normal as usual.

Condition Three:
SSD on port Sata3_1
HDD1 on port Sata3_2
HDD2 on port Sata3_3
Both HDD recognized as non-removable drive in Windows
Fast Startup option is turned ON
Result... Normal, speedy start up.

Conclusion.
I'd always thought it was drive failure or anything that connected to the drives, simply because the Drive/Disk indicator light on PC case not even blinking while starting up, assuming no activity on main drive.
Looks like HDD arrangement on my board - which, made the HDDs recognized as REMOVABLE DRIVE - made Fast Startup option doesn't run well.
I thought Sata port on the board was sequential as its look, physically, but it's not. Noticed it after entering UEFI and doing some inspect on Sata ports.
Tried to re-arrange HDD to the "real" sequence port on the board and it solved the problem.
So, the Sata 1 to 3 port are recognized as non-removable drive,
while Sata 4 to 6 port (5 and 6 named A1 and A2) are recognized as removable drive.

Thanks to QwerkyPengwen and xravenxdota.

Solution