[SOLVED] Stuck at «Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent»

Apr 5, 2020
Hi!

Im having a issue with my MSI Z77A-GD55. When i boot up the computer, all i get is a screen saying:

Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.76
PXE 2.1 Build 090 (WfM 2.0)
Press Ctrl+S to enter setup Menu

I've tryed using F11, F2, F8, F12 to get into another screen but nothing works. When i press DEL IT says «Entering Setup» in my down left corner of the screen, but it drops there. And when i follow the steps to press "Ctrl+S" I get into "Setup Menu" of Intel (R) Boot Agent. The problem is, i can't change the value of "Network Boot Protocal" or "Boot Order".
Network Boot Protocal is stuck at "PXE (Preboot eXecution Enviroment)"
Boot order is stuck at "Use BIOS Setup Boot Order". When i try to change the value it says there is no other alternativs.

I've tryed to use Bootable USB, Live CD, CD with Win10
  • Removed the CD room from the motherboard
  • Removed CMOS battery, and changed it (With atleast 30min wait before i plugged in the new battery).
  • Tryed every RAM individually
  • Removed GPU, even tryed another one
  • Tryed Fresh HDD and tryed different ports for the SATA cable
  • Even tryed VGA, cause.. why not check out that aswell
The only option i'm left standing with in my head is to either change the Motherboard or try to learn how to setup a PXE server, so i can try to use that PXE installation.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix this?

Last edited:
Solution
Tryes to reset bios now with no luck. Still stuck. When i press DEL upon start, it says «Entering Setup» in my down left corner, but nothing happends from there.
Any other ideas?
If you did reset CMOS (by the magic jumper) and this is what you get - might be a corrupt BIOS or a component problem. I would strip as many components as I can (leave the bare minimum, 1 ram stick, no cards but the video outlet, no periphery) and then try to access the BIOS again. Reflashing the BIOS might fix it too.
Apr 5, 2020
The dedicated jumper on the motherboard. Removing the battery helps if the ac power is removed too.

You can try entering the BIOS and changing boot order instead.
Can’t change the boot order, i removed the battery and the ac. Still stuck in boot agent. Will try the dedicated jumper as soon as i get home. Thank you

Apr 5, 2020
You will probably have to adjust bios settings after cmos reset anyway. Is there a particular reason you can’t?
All that happends when i start the PC is that i Get that message

Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.76
PXE 2.1 Build 090 (WfM 2.0)
Press Ctrl+S to enter setup Menu

If i don’t press «Ctrl+S» it just turns black. And if do press it, all i get is that setup modus where i can’t change anything other than how long i want the startup to display that setup option ctrl+s

Apr 5, 2020
You will probably have to adjust bios settings after cmos reset anyway. Is there a particular reason you can’t?
Tryes to reset bios now with no luck. Still stuck. When i press DEL upon start, it says «Entering Setup» in my down left corner, but nothing happends from there.
Any other ideas?

Any other ideas?
If you did reset CMOS (by the magic jumper) and this is what you get - might be a corrupt BIOS or a component problem. I would strip as many components as I can (leave the bare minimum, 1 ram stick, no cards but the video outlet, no periphery) and then try to access the BIOS again. Reflashing the BIOS might fix it too.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS