Stuck at at manufacturer logo unless CMOS reset.

Eliapple

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
I was just out and about one day and my computer was asleep. I come home to the manufacturer logo. I wait a bit. Still on. Look through the internet, nothing helps. I can't get into BIOS setting or F12 or anything. I try CMOS reset. Nope. I unplug SATA, do a CMOS reset, then still doesn't work. I plug SATA back in and CMOS reset. I get a menu.

• •Load optimized defaults and boot
    •Load optimized defaults and reboot
    •Enter BIOS
I enter BIOS, set up a few things, and it's sitting there again. I try again but don't change anything, just using boot override. Same result. I try the CMOS one more time but use the 1st option and it boots. But if I reboot it's stuck again. Also, it occasionally reboots during sleep, causing THIS.

It's getting annoying that I have to do this all the time. Any fixes?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
Graphics: Asus GeForce GT 720

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You could take it out and measure the voltage with a VOM meter. Or just change it to be sure that isn't the problem. Those coin batteries aren't very expensive and if that wasn't the issue, you always have another for backup.

But yes, it would be odd that a board of that late manufacture would need a new battery already. I t was just a thought based on the symptoms. Is this a pre-built or one you built? If pre-built, what is the make/model?

Eliapple

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

Self built.