- ASUS H270 Plus
-
- 1x nitro+ rx 470 8gb
- 3x amd radeon rx470 4gb
- 2x MSI radeon rx470 8gb
- 1200W corsair power supply
- 4gb DDR4 ram
-windows 10 pro *64

I have setup the PC installed 1st then 2nd then 3rd GPU no problem everything was running fine. Then when I trid to plug the 4th GPU onward my pc get stuck after BIOS screen (black screen with blinking cursor top left corner) after few seconds the PC restarts and keeps doing the same. Some times i get warning saying that no keyboard is detected. I have tried changing PCI slots, changing the risers, plug different GPU its always the same 3 runs with no problem once the 4th plugged the problem happens.
I have already updated the motherboard BIOS, enabled 4g decoding, tried to increase the ram to 8GB still the same.

Any ideas?

Thank you

jakubek160

Respectable
May 22, 2017
Like I said first of all try to unplug all the 8gb versions and see if it boots up. If it does than try to add a single 8gb card. If it boots up again add another one. Than to make sure it runs nicely watch this video again and install the drivers. :)

One more thing , try to use 1500w PSU as 1200w might be not enough for 6 cards.

samir86

Prominent
May 29, 2017

thats the problem i cant boot more than 3, regardless if its 4 or 8 gb..

May 4, 2018
I run 6 GPUs on 1200w so i dont think that the power is the problem.. I recently started having the same issue on a rig that has been running 3 months.. still haven't got to the bottom of it though

Mar 15, 2019
I read this thread with great interest. Was there ever a resolution?

I have a similar problem where my Supermicro server hangs intermittently in BIOS on PCI Enumeration 91 when connected to 4+ GPUs via an external PCIe switch. When in whatever state the switch and GPU(s) are in to cause the hang, the server remains stuck in BIOS even when it is power cycled.