Stuck at BIOS, won't start Windows.

Apr 29, 2018
Hello everyone,
I was trying to install my Optane module and it told me that my BIOS had Optane memory disabled, I went to turn on the M.2/Optane genie and it turned on RAID as well. I can't disable RAID only change it to AHCI. Now, when I go to save and reboot/discard and reboot/reset to default values and reboot, the computer shuts down and boots to the BIOS settings no matter what. After some digging, I found that it's probably doing that because of my Samsung M.2 SSD not in the boot order. The only option in my boot order is UEFI Hard Drive/UEFI CD DVD/UEFI USB Hard Drive/UEFI Key and UEFI Floppy along with network. There's no option to boot from my M.2. Any idea how to fix this?

// Specs
Intel Core i7-8700k
MSI Z370 SLI Plus
16GB Trident Z DDR4
Enermax 650 Watt PSU
Custom Water Loop and 7 fans.

If you need anything else please let me know.

Reactions: BlackViper

Lutfij

Titan
1| You should've messed around with your storage before you thought of installing your OS.
2| See if you can update your BIOS tot he latest revision and if that regains your functionality.
3| If you can't find your SSD nor Windows Boot Manager, then it's highly possible that your installation has been wiped and you will need to enable M.2 on your motherboard.

On another note, you will need to disable RAID and go to AHCI.

Apr 29, 2018

Thanks for responding,
1) I haven't messed with the boot order, that's what confuses me, I was just using windows the day before and enabling Optane genie seemed to mess up everything. Turning it back off still isn't working. 2) I'll try to flash the bios now with a newer version.

Apr 13, 2019

Thanks for responding,
1) I haven't messed with the boot order, that's what confuses me, I was just using windows the day before and enabling Optane genie seemed to mess up everything. Turning it back off still isn't working. 2) I'll try to flash the bios now with a newer version.

I came accross the same issue after setting OC Genie. Luckily for me I had saved a couple different profile settings. Reverting Back to one of those cleared the setting that was causing the issue.

You could also try the "reset to defaults" option to get everything back. As soon as you have one that will boot into windows. I would save that profile as a baseline in case of future issues.

I hope this helps!

Jul 30, 2019
Hello everyone,
I was trying to install my Optane module and it told me that my BIOS had Optane memory disabled, I went to turn on the M.2/Optane genie and it turned on RAID as well. I can't disable RAID only change it to AHCI. Now, when I go to save and reboot/discard and reboot/reset to default values and reboot, the computer shuts down and boots to the BIOS settings no matter what. After some digging, I found that it's probably doing that because of my Samsung M.2 SSD not in the boot order. The only option in my boot order is UEFI Hard Drive/UEFI CD DVD/UEFI USB Hard Drive/UEFI Key and UEFI Floppy along with network. There's no option to boot from my M.2. Any idea how to fix this?

// Specs
Intel Core i7-8700k
MSI Z370 SLI Plus
16GB Trident Z DDR4
Enermax 650 Watt PSU
Custom Water Loop and 7 fans.

If you need anything else please let me know.

hi exactly same problem, when i enable m2/... genie i cant get out of BIOS mode, i must turn it down to access windows. what should i do to use intel optane?