Question Stuck at Entering setup after successful BIOS update

Apr 27, 2020
Hello everyone.

So I've tried to update my bios following this thread
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=167524.0
After following all steps and successfully update the bios I've encountered with the following troubles:
1- After switch ON the PC with out pressing any button stay on black screen
2-After switch ON the PC and pressing Del or Supr to enter the bios will stuck at Entering setup... Message at the bottom left of the screen
3- My motherboard logo doesn't appear when switch ON the PC wich used to appear before the update

What have I tried? :
  • Unplug the PSU cable for 30s to 2min and plug it back
  • Reset the BIOS by removing the battering for 30s to 2min
  • Disconnect all the hard drives

Still didn't solve the issue

My PC Spects:
Motherboard: 970A-G46
CPU: FX8350
GPU: Radeon RX460
RAM: 2x4gb DDR3
HDD: 1TB Toshiba PC P300
SSD: 480GB Goldenfir
PSU:Mars Gaming MPII 550W

Apr 27, 2020
@Miro7797
Removing the battery only works if the computer is unplugged at the same time. Many people argue the battery should stay out longer than a couple minutes ... I don't know ... If I need to reset the BIOS I use the jumper. Instructions on using the jumper are on page 1-28 of your manual.
Thanks for the reply
I did unplugged the PC and removed the battery or the jumper at the same time for a period of time but still doesn't work

Thanks for the reply
I did unplugged the PC and removed the battery or the jumper at the same time for a period of time but still doesn't work
My next step would be strip the motherboard of all peripherals (drives, all RAM except 1, what ever else you have, even the GPU if you have another option) and try to start again.

If this does not work, then it's likely flashing the BIOS was not successful or you flashed an incompatible BIOS. The BIOS chip looks to be soldered onto the motherboard so replacement (while possible) is not something I would recommend to the average person. The BIOS can be reflashed if you have the right tools, so you might want to call a couple computer shops to see if they can do it. There are some YouTube videos showing how to do if you feel adventurous. I have never done it myself, so don't consider that a recommendation.

Apr 27, 2020
My next step would be strip the motherboard of all peripherals (drives, all RAM except 1, what ever else you have, even the GPU if you have another option) and try to start again.

If this does not work, then it's likely flashing the BIOS was not successful or you flashed an incompatible BIOS. The BIOS chip looks to be soldered onto the motherboard so replacement (while possible) is not something I would recommend to the average person. The BIOS can be reflashed if you have the right tools, so you might want to call a couple computer shops to see if they can do it. There are some YouTube videos showing how to do if you feel adventurous. I have never done it myself, so don't consider that a recommendation.
Well I don't have an adapter to connect the screen with the motherboard directly, even tho I tried disconnecting every periferal as you said, I only kept 1 ram and the keyboard and turned it ON, the PC did some beep sound at the start up couldn't figure out what is it then I proceed to try blindly access the BIOS pressing del then after a while press F6 for recommended settings on the BIOS the F10 to save and restart but it did not restart so I figured out that I'm not in the BIOS, I did put everything back except the GPU and the PC did the same beep sound, then I connected back the GPU and nothing happens still the same issue as before