Question Stuck at Gigabyte Splash Screen - CAN'T ENTER BIOS

Apr 21, 2019
I am stuck at the Gigabyte Splash Screen, I am not able to enter into the bios and does not continue to load windows. Just stuck at that splash screen, please help.
Any thoughts of what it might be?

I tried unplugging the hard drive and loading and the same result.
I tried removing each memory and trying one by one and the same result.
I tried removing the CMOS battery and restarting and the same result.
I tried pressing the reset button on the motherboard and the same result.
The motherboard display does not show any error.

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 390 100382NTOC-2L 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Tri-X OC Version w/ backplate (UEFI) Video Card

I can provide other information of my specs, I really want to get this fixed so I can continue working....PLEASE HELP!!

Apr 23, 2019
Okay, this is a freaky coincidence because I have the same problem as of today and the same motherboard. I can ctrl alt del and that’s it. I tried similar steps including pulling my GPU. Planned obsolescence? Ugh.

At this point I’m lacking spare parts to isolate the problem and really don’t want to waste money on another motherboard in order to discover my cpu (or whatever) is bad.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Apr 23, 2019
Update for anyone who finds this thread: I spent some time time trying to diagnose this and couldn't identify any hardware issues and ordered a new motherboard. BUT before it arrived, I took one more stab at trying to get the motherboard into the bios screen. Lo and behold, after my 3rd attempt at trying, it worked. After switching to the backup bios, it rebooted just fine. So, I'm chalking this up to bios corruption due to the hard reset after my freeze. I used the method of, from a powered-off state, pressing and holding the power button until it turned on and then off again. It didn't work the first few times, but the 3rd time, it succeeded. So, if this happens to you.... try this.

I found several others with similar problems and they said they had to do this periodically... so this is likely to happen again. I decided to replace the motherboard with a new one so I didn't have to deal with the problem in the future. Good luck to you!

TRENDING THREADS