Stuck at "Loading Operating System" black screen.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Hi, as the title says, I'm stuck at the black screen at boot-up that says "Loading Operating System".
I have not made any changes to my PC before this happened. I had my PC running for maybe 18 hours straight, shut it down, went to bed, woke up today, started up my PC and it kept getting stuck no matter how many times I restarted.

My PC specs are:
Windows 7 Professional
GTX 590
i7-2700K
32 GB RAM
2TB HDD

Please let me know if you need more info, and any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

PS:
I can't live without my PC! Especially now that I've been playing South Park:TSoT! T_T
My laptop is just too small and lame..

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Chiisu, I found something new. It turns out my PC had an SSD. I unplugged it too and it got to the Loading OS screen and said something like "Operation Failure please insert disk press start to continue"

Chiisu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Hmmm, so lets make a list of hardware in your computer. Fill in the rest of the blanks

Include brand and model numbers
Motherboard:
Processor: i7-2700k
Memory: (Brand) 32 GB
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro
Hard Drive Disk/Solid State Drive: (SSD) | (Brand) 2TB HDD
Graphics Card:
Power Supply:
Additional Hardware (such as Sound Card):

Can you get into the bios now?
If we can change the boot order to boot USB first we can test the motherboard. By adding the motherboard and model number I can better help you with the situation. Let us get this fixed :)

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
Processor: i7-2700k
Memory: Corsair XMS3 DDR3
32 GB (4x8)
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro
Hard Drive Disk/Solid State Drive: A-DATA 32GB S596 TURBO SERIES GAMING MLC SSD | 2TB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB CACHE 3.5" HDD
Graphics Card: EVGA Classified Geforce GTX 590
Power Supply: Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
Additional Hardware (such as Sound Card):
LG UH12LS28K 12X BLU-RAY PLAYER & DVDRW COMBO

Oh and in case you didnt see the other thread I made, I plugged my keyboard in a USB 2.0 slot instead of 3.0 and it started working again.
It still got stuck at Loading Operating System so I went to boot menu and did boot with hard drive and it got past the Loading OS screen and it seems to be good to go. I will restart it few more times and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Chiisu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Awesome I'm happy that you have fixed the issue. I know that USB and Windows 7 doesn't get along on start up, but that was only when a flash drive was plugged in on boot up. I never would think a USB keyboard what be the problem. Oh well more tech knowledge for the arsenal, I glad you can get back on your computer. It would be wise to run a performance test and such on your computer to make sure nothing was damaged in the process of finding out the issue.

John Labrier

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

Thanks so much for your help!