Question Stuck at mobo logo screen

Dec 28, 2020
Hey guys I recently finished building my first pc.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Mobo: Asus TUF gaming B550 plus
Ram: Trident z 3600mhz cl18 F4-3600C18D- 16GTZR 2X8
GPU: RTX 2070 8GB
PSU: 650W

When I turn on the computer, everything lights up all the coolers are working, how we i get a orange DRAM light on the mobo and a green boot light constantly on. The system gets to the TUF logo and the press DEL or F12 to enter bios. And we can't get passed that, the kayboard does not respond and we cannot get into the bios at all. Any idea what could be causing this. I also want to ask is there a chance that the CPU could be defective cause that's the part I'm most worried about, everything else is easily replaceable?

The orange dram light would be my first concern...have you tried removing one stick ? Are you sure you're using the correct slots ?

Sometimes simply unplugging and reconnecting all power connections as well as removing and reinserting the memory and gpu can resolve issues.

Dec 28, 2020
The orange dram light would be my first concern...have you tried removing one stick ? Are you sure you're using the correct slots ?

Sometimes simply unplugging and reconnecting all power connections as well as removing and reinserting the memory and gpu can resolve issues.
Yeah we tried with only one stick, same issue however I did not try unplugging and replugging everything back in

Is your memory on the motherboard compatibility list ? Have you tried pulling the button battery off the motherboard for 5 min to clear the BIOS ?

Also you may be running into a BIOS issue with support for the 5900x...according to the ASUS website you need to be on BIOS version 1004 or newer.

Dec 28, 2020
Is your memory on the motherboard compatibility list ? Have you tried pulling the button battery off the motherboard for 5 min to clear the BIOS ?

Also you may be running into a BIOS issue with support for the 5900x...according to the ASUS website you need to be on BIOS version 1004 or newer.

The exact model ram I have is not on the mobo compability list but I didn't realize PC's were so sensitive to ram models that it wouldn't allow me to get into bios

TRENDING THREADS