Stuck at MOBO Splash Screen ASRock Z97 KILLER

mjdragneel

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Hello, I have a problem with regards to booting up my rig. I just became curios this morning and check the F-Stream utility of ASRock and found out that there is a new version of UEFI/BIOS, what i did is i installed the latest and after it downloaded and installed it restart my rig but after that it won't boot and I am stuck at ASRock splash screen, F2, DEL, F11 is not working. The only working function is TAB which is "switch screen". I just know recently I shouldnt have updated it when machine works fine. But please help me to resolve this issue. I find some ways like clear CMOS/BIOS but I still didn't try that as I am afraid that I might make the problem worst.

Thanks for any help!

Solution
you could also try disconnecting all hard drives except the main boot drive. you can try changing the sata port on the board where the boot drive is plugged into. also try reseating ram and pcie cards including video card. its worth a shot resetting the cmos too. unplug the power, take out the flat battery on the board, and wait 20 min. put the battery back in and try again. if that stuff doesnt work you may have gotten a corrupt bios update. might be rma time. call the manufacturer for a second opinion.

mjdragneel

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015

Will try this after I get back home N3rdR4ge probably after 1.5 hours. Is there other way you want me to try or any information you want to ask me ? I really want to have as many back up plans as possible :( Thank you for your reply.

you could also try disconnecting all hard drives except the main boot drive. you can try changing the sata port on the board where the boot drive is plugged into. also try reseating ram and pcie cards including video card. its worth a shot resetting the cmos too. unplug the power, take out the flat battery on the board, and wait 20 min. put the battery back in and try again. if that stuff doesnt work you may have gotten a corrupt bios update. might be rma time. call the manufacturer for a second opinion.

Solution