[SOLVED] Stuck at mobo splash screen during the first startup everyday.

changty_6

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor
MSI B350M Mortar Arctic Mobo
G-Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB SSD
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Graphic Card
EVGA SuperNova G3 650W PSU

Just upgraded my old build with new CPU, RAM and SSD. (Windows 10 2004)

During the first start up every morning, it will be stuck at the mobo splash screen. After a forced reboot the computer will work normally. And it won't be stuck again whenever I reboot it during the day. The next morning the stuck will happen again.

If I put the computer on Sleep or Hibernate, I would not be able to wake it up by mouse or keyboard. I have to use the power button to wake it up, but all the programs running before Sleep are gone.

I have tried to update the BIOS, turn A-XMP on and off, use different RAM slots, or use only one RAM, but it's still the same. I have no idea where the problem is. Do I need to replace the mobo? It didn't show this problem with the old parts (Ryzen 1400 with Crucial Ballistix 8GB 2133MHz RAM). But my last SSD just died oddly at its third year which seems to be too early for a MLC, and I don't know if it is related to the mobo.

Has anyone experienced similar issue before? Thanks.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

changty_6

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
So you are for sure at latest bios? Updated chipset drivers too?
AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Can you still test with the older ram?

Thank you for the reply!

Yes I was with the latest bios I could find on MSI website. I gave the older RAMs to my friend right when I got the new ones so I couldn't test them now.

And unfortunately the motherboard is bricked when I tried to downgrade the bios (MSI website said it should not be downgraded, my bad). So I had to order a new B550 motherboard instead. I also bought a pre-programmed bios chip from ebay to see if I could fix the old motherboard.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
That's too bad. Hope the B550 will serve you well and maybe will have better compatibility towards ram, which i supect might have been the issue, but could have been the new cpu as well.

Good luck with that bios chip, maybe it will turn out well and will you have a spare motherboard or one to sell.

changty_6

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
That's too bad. Hope the B550 will serve you well and maybe will have better compatibility towards ram, which i supect might have been the issue, but could have been the new cpu as well.

Good luck with that bios chip, maybe it will turn out well and will you have a spare motherboard or one to sell.
Thanks!