Question Stuck at preparing automatic repair.

Mar 14, 2023
Hey Everyone,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 an515-55 and it was working perfectly then one day I got a BSOD with the Machine Check Exception. Now, every single time I attempt to boot I get stuck at the preparing automatic repair screen. The little icon will circle once or twice then freeze until I get the trusty BSOD I mentioned before. I have reset the BIOS, replaced the RAM and cloned the M2 HDD which I tried in both M2 slots. I know using a cloned drive may have cloned the original issue but it freezes when I try to boot to USB for Hirens and other Live Disk or PE builds so I'm thinking it's not the OS. I have tried unplugging the battery and disconnecting the cord then holding down the power button for 30 seconds (just to be sure) to discharge the caps, and this worked once, but never again. I can't even get into the menu by holding the left "Alt+f10" or safe mode so I'm stumped. I'm really hoping it's not an issue with the MB or processor so any advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW it has the Windows 11 upgrade installed but was originally Windows 10.

g-unit1111

Titan
I've been noticing an uptick in BSODs with Windows 11 recently. I got one on my current laptop which turned out to be an error associated with AVG. Then I just had one as I restarted my desktop just now. I'm wondering if it's a problem with anti-virus programs or if it was just a bad Windows 11 update.