Question Stuck at splash screen using dedicated gpu

Elfeiker12

Prominent
May 21, 2019
Hi guys im having a problem im using an asus m5a78l-m lx3 plus with an fx4100 and 8gb ddr3 and when i use the gpu on the motherboard works well but when i put a gtx 750 the system gets stuck at the splash screen and i cant do anything. ive tried an rx 580 in this system and works fine and the gtx 750 in another system and it also works fine. What it can be?

Hi bios screen where appears the asus logo
So ... almost definitely a hardware issue. Since everything works except this combination, my guess would be that the card is not seating all the way into the slot or a power issue (6 pin PCIe power plug in an 8 pin socket?). The only other possibility would be a setting in BIOS that is causing the issue. You might want to reset BIOS to default settings and try again.

Elfeiker12

Prominent
May 21, 2019
So ... almost definitely a hardware issue. Since everything works except this combination, my guess would be that the card is not seating all the way into the slot or a power issue (6 pin PCIe power plug in an 8 pin socket?). The only other possibility would be a setting in BIOS that is causing the issue. You might want to reset BIOS to default settings and try again.
Ive tried reseting the bios and the jumper and nothing