Stuck between 2 mobos

teutoniswolf

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hello all! Happy Thanksgiving and thank you all who served in the military or LEO. I am shopping for mobos for Black Friday and am stumped on which motherboard to get! I am probably not going to overclock but am stuck between the Aorus Gaming 5 and the Aorus Gaming 7. I am probably getting the AMD Ryzen 5 2600X. I am only playing the Battlefield series and WoW and using my PC for general computing tasks outside of the above mentioned tasks. Just stuck on which one would be the best for my needs. Also, any O/C that I do will be done by through the preset settings built into the BIOS.Thank you all!

-Danny

Achmedsback

Reputable
Oct 29, 2016
I have the ASUS X370 pro and personally don't care for it, I'm having issues with RAM overclocking.

Anyway the X470 is a great choice when is comes to second gen ryzen (no need for bios update or anything like that from the start) the two boards are almost identical except that the 7 has the option to use
ECC RAM,
on board power, reset, and Clear CMOS buttons
a swap-able accent overlay,
slightly better audio (built in DAC),
and it appears that the fan headers are a little better.
It also looks like the VRM's are cooled with a better heatsink on the 7 so that will be better for overclocking.

In my opinion I would go for the gaming 5 for your needs and if the deal is right get the 7 (just in case you want to go for an overclock).

Good luck and enjoy your build. Happy Thankgiving.

teutoniswolf

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Ok. Sounds good. I am leaning towards the Gaming 5 and can get a USB-C header for the front of my computer as long as it has a front port on the motherboard. Sooo hard to find a good review on the OC ability of the Gaming 5. Have you heard anything?