[SOLVED] Stuck between two GTX 1660 SUPERs

Jan 25, 2021
I'm looking to get the "GTX 1660 SUPER", but unfortunately its completely run out of stock in my area.
Its other version "GTX 1660 SUPER GamingPro" is in stock though, and only 16$ more expensive.

I have to wait 2 months for the Normal SUPER, while I can get the GamingPro version instantly.
According to the specs, the only difference is the lower boost clock on the GamingPro. Though its higher priced.

My question is if It's worth waiting 2 months for the normal "better" SUPER. Or settle for the GamingPro.

Link with specs for both GPU: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/palit-geforce-gtx-1660-super-gaming-pro-oc/

Solution
It's the same gpu.
The advertised clock speed doesn't matter, since they will boost (using gpu boost) much higher.

Take the one that has the better cooler, or if it's the same, the cheaper one, or if you don't wanna wait, just get the gamingpro whatever it is now.
It's the same gpu.
The advertised clock speed doesn't matter, since they will boost (using gpu boost) much higher.

Take the one that has the better cooler, or if it's the same, the cheaper one, or if you don't wanna wait, just get the gamingpro whatever it is now.

Reactions: RamSnatcher
Solution
Jan 25, 2021
It's the same gpu.

Doesn't the normal SUPERs higher clock boost matter?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I'm looking to get the "GTX 1660 SUPER", but unfortunately its completely run out of stock in my area.
Its other version "GTX 1660 SUPER GamingPro" is in stock though, and only 16$ more expensive.

I have to wait 2 months for the Normal SUPER, while I can get the GamingPro version instantly.
According to the specs, the only difference is the lower boost clock on the GamingPro. Though its higher priced.

My question is if It's worth waiting 2 months for the normal "better" SUPER. Or settle for the GamingPro.

Link with specs for both GPU: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/palit-geforce-gtx-1660-super-gaming-pro-oc/
From your link the gaming pro is the better card anyhow (higher boost clock). If you need a new card buy.

Reactions: RamSnatcher