Question stuck cpu clock

chonsey213

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
hey guys i have a problem and i think ive exhausted all my trouble shooting options. i did a 4.0 mhz overclock on my 2700x and now for some reason it wont go back to stock speeds of 3.7. basically my computer will boot and go to windows just fine but even though my bios is set to 3.7 speccy hardware id and cam all show my cpu running at 4.0 ive flashed my mother board 3 times and ive cleared my CMOS as well but it will will not go back down to 3.7 and i've updated my AMD drivers as well. i'm at a loss on what i can do the only reason why i want to go back to stock is because my fans are running pretty fast. i did check my voltage and its at 1.313 max while running cinebench so i'm not so worried about the voltage. max temp is around 70 C.so its really just a acoustic issue. any help would be greatly appreciated.

chonsey213

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
asus x470 prime i flashed it with the newest bios update and yeah a 4 ghz is awesome but its not too awesome that my desktop sounds like a wind turbine at 10% load and no way to control it through the bios or using CAM. should i try a different bios update and see if it switches back to normal?

What model motherboard do you have?
Have you tried a BIOS update?
You could just get quieter fans... (it's a nice overclock to have)

chonsey213

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
bios failed to read last bios this is so strange i don't understand how on a software level the cpu could be set to one frequency when the bios is set to another even task manager is reading 4.0 i have the stock NZXT aer 120s