Question Stuck getting black screen and taskbar flickering after login

Aug 16, 2020
After attempting to restart my PC last night, each time I start it up I am taken to login, but once I login i get a black screen and see the taskbar constantly flickering. I have seen others with this problem online, but when I attempt to safeboot I never see the menu to do so, (keyboard, mouse, and pc lights all turn on but no signal on display.) and I cannot do a clean boot of all applications because I have the same issue, everything on except a display. Even after I reach the flickering I can do sign out and everything appears normal again, until I eventually log in and the flickering starts. Looking for any suggestions for a fix for this, can’t seem to get anywhere.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Intel i5-7400
8GB DDR4-2133 SDRam

bignastyid

Titan
Where it starts after login then the issue is probably with a gpu utility(something like EVGA precision, MSi after burner, etc). Try using the igpu(may have to enable it in bios) and see if you can login to windows without the issue. If you can then you can do things like uninstall/reinstall the gpu utility and or video driver.

Aug 16, 2020
Where it starts after login then the issue is probably with a gpu utility(something like EVGA precision, MSi after burner, etc). Try using the igpu(may have to enable it in bios) and see if you can login to windows without the issue. If you can then you can do things like uninstall/reinstall the gpu utility and or video driver.
Whenever I attempt to get into bios, I cannot seem to get the display to work. Have tried using dvi, hdmi, plugged into the graphics card and motherboard, nothing seems to work.

Aug 16, 2020
Remove the 1060(leave it out for now) and reset bios defaults(motherboard will have a jumper or button to do this) and try again.
After doing the reset the first launch brought me to the login screen eventually and did the same flickering problem. Tried again while holding f10 and once again just didn’t get a display.

Aug 16, 2020
Attempted to restore to an earlier backup, also tried deleting all apps, but each time I attempt anything like that the display cuts out after I press to do it. My pc, keyboard, and mouse light up as if everything is on but no signal on display no matter how long I wait.

Aug 16, 2020
Do you have another monitor you can try?
I mean I do, but the monitor doesn’t seem to be the issue. It works fine until I attempt to do a safe boot, bios, or a reset of the computer. When the computer is starting up normally and eventually to the log In page, display is fine. Flickering of the taskbar and black screen do not start until after I log in. I also tried to open the cmd prompt but encountered the same issue.