Stuck in Asus logo/POST

Aug 26, 2018
Shutting down for the night and I get a Windows update and pressed "Update and restart". Update goes well. After restarting, message on screen says installation failed(?) reverting to previous version to my shock and it restarted again. Now I'm just stuck at the Asus logo screen prompting me to press F2 to enter setup but nothing happens when pressing it.

I can press Fn + other keys to adjust brightness, turn off screen, keyboard is working fine. Pressing any other keys does nothing. I tried taking out the CMOS battery for 1 min and putting it back in and it's still the same. Took out other peripheral devices and turning it on does nothing. Left it on like this overnight hoping it goes past POST and do something but when I woke up, it was still the same. I can't enter BIOS/can't go past POST; stuck at about 60% loading(?).

P_20180821_020718.jpg

Switching out the RAM sticks and placing them in different orders does nothing. Anyone got a clue what happened and what else can I do about it or did an unsuccessful update fry my mobo for some reason?

JE40 HR MB 10267-4
ASUS ASPIRE 4755G
INTEL Core i5 -2430M 2.4GHz
Nvdia GeForce GT540M

larrycumming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2018
You need to leave the CMOS battery out longer, 1-2hours or more, for a full refresh.

Make sure laptop battery is removed first.