Stuck in automatic repair loop

jeannieb56

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Ok I've tried everything except change my hard drive on my laptop... I've tried powering on and off, the f8 f11 and The f5 key. I Have a dell inspiron 1750 window 7 with a windows10 upgrade... Also the only function key that is working is the f2 and f12... I even checked the hard drive for cracks since it was dropped... I lost my installation disk due to moving so I can't use that! Can someone Please give me a solution to this head ache.... Thanks; jeannieb56

Solution
Hey there, jeannieb56!

Unfortunately, mechanical hard drives are pretty sensitive. If it was dropped, it's highly possible that there is physical internal damage. Of course, you won't be able to see any cracks, but that doesn't mean that the tech and mechanics inside it are okay. There a lot of things that can get misplaced and damaged, however, you won't be able to fix them yourself.
I'd advise you to consider replacing your hard drive with a new one. Since the Windows OS was previously installed, you can simply create a bootable USB flash drive with the same version on another computer and use it to boot and clean install Windows onto the new HDD. Here's an article from MS that can shed some light on this...
Hey there, jeannieb56!

Unfortunately, mechanical hard drives are pretty sensitive. If it was dropped, it's highly possible that there is physical internal damage. Of course, you won't be able to see any cracks, but that doesn't mean that the tech and mechanics inside it are okay. There a lot of things that can get misplaced and damaged, however, you won't be able to fix them yourself.
I'd advise you to consider replacing your hard drive with a new one. Since the Windows OS was previously installed, you can simply create a bootable USB flash drive with the same version on another computer and use it to boot and clean install Windows onto the new HDD. Here's an article from MS that can shed some light on this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install

Best of luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution