[SOLVED] Stuck in BIOS Utility

Mar 27, 2020
I attempted to reformat my computer to its original settings but it kept failing and not changing anything without a specific error message. I then attempted to reformat the computer using the Command Prompt (diskpart --> list disk --> select disk 0 --> clean --> create partition primary --> format fs=ntfs --> assign). And then I couldn't get out of the command prompt and pressed some other random commands. Finally I got to the ASUS Bios Utility screen but I am stuck there and it won't load my computer. I attempted (load optimized defaults) and it did nothing. I attempted (advanced mode --> security --> secure boot --> secure boot control --> disabled) and it did nothing.

Then after many other attempts, I get stuck on a black screen that says: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key. I can only get back to the ASUS Bios Utility Screen but nothing I do there changes anything. These two screens are my only options.

This computer is barely over a year old. Is there any way to save it? Thank you!!!

Solution
I attempted to reformat my computer to its original settings but it kept failing and not changing anything without a specific error message. I then attempted to reformat the computer using the Command Prompt (diskpart --> list disk --> select disk 0 --> clean --> create partition primary --> format fs=ntfs --> assign). And then I couldn't get out of the command prompt and pressed some other random commands. Finally I got to the ASUS Bios Utility screen but I am stuck there and it won't load my computer. I attempted (load optimized defaults) and it did nothing. I attempted (advanced mode --> security --> secure boot --> secure boot control --> disabled) and it did nothing.

Then after many other attempts, I get stuck on a black...
post your complete system specs

you can download a Windows 10 install package from MS and create a bootable media USB drive or DVD/Blu-ray with it. when/if this runs it will give you the option to properly format the OS drive and reinstall.
I got to the ASUS Bios Utility screen but I am stuck there and it won't load my computer. I attempted (load optimized defaults) and it did nothing
it would be very odd if your failed attempt at formatting a drive would effect your BIOS options. are you sure you are properly saving settings before exiting? though besides choosing what drive(s) to boot from, there isn't much you can change in the BIOS that will have an effect on your situation.

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020

Then after many other attempts, I get stuck on a black screen that says: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key. I can only get back to the ASUS Bios Utility Screen but nothing I do there changes anything. These two screens are my only options.

This computer is barely over a year old. Is there any way to save it? Thank you!!!
What that message means is you do no have a bootable partition and or don't have Windows installed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

this will create a Windows 10 boot disk - IF your Win10 product key is linked to your email address, then don't worry about the product key. Insert a blank USB thumb drive in an open port and allow it to download and install on the thumb drive, then boot to that drive. Use the install tool to deal with your partitions, create / delete / etc.
You can always install from the Win10 DVD - you will have to do much more updating with this method, but would still work.

Solution
Mar 27, 2020
What that message means is you do no have a bootable partition and or don't have Windows installed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

this will create a Windows 10 boot disk - IF your Win10 product key is linked to your email address, then don't worry about the product key. Insert a blank USB thumb drive in an open port and allow it to download and install on the thumb drive, then boot to that drive. Use the install tool to deal with your partitions, create / delete / etc.
You can always install from the Win10 DVD - you will have to do much more updating with this method, but would still work.

Thank you so so much!! This worked! Thank you!!!