Stuck in Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingetterrobo

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2002
Anyone ever have the problem of being stuck during bios bootup right after the 'Award Plug and play... ' whatever? I just put a new system together with an A7N233-E mobo with an Athlon XP 1600+, and 256mb of ddr dram from crucial. The system had problems powering on, but I fixed that cos it was the mobo being uneven with the case... so now it powers on but it gets stuck during the bios boot up and when i try to reset the bios with jumpers, after i clear the bios, it automatic got me into the bios setup where the speed of cpu is only running at 1050 mHz, and it told me to set some speed for the comp and multipier which i have no idea... but the setting was 100/33 and the multipier was at 10.5x... anyone got any ideas how i can resolve this problem?

Speedfreak

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
Your motherboard may have jumpers for the CPU Multiplier and another for the bus speed. Have a look at your documentation or motherboard web site to help identify the location of these jumpers. I have a 733Mhz CPU and a bus speed of 133Mhz. The bus speed jumper is easy - just check the documentation and place the jumper on the 133 pins. To get the correct jumper setting for the CPU multiplier I divide the 733 by 133 and get 5.5 - this is then the jumper to set. Obviously this will be different for you, but check the web site and you should be OK.

Hope this helps.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I accidentally blow your head off.......again?

Canoman

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
HI im having exactly the same problem I upgraded my case and re installed all the components and when i power up i gut stuck in the bios screen, press del, f9, etc however nothing happens when i press the keys. I can see the pins for the clear_cmos on my mother board which is a Gigabyte GA 790X DS4 but theres no jumper. Ive tried pulling out the battery and waiting several minutes but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.