Question Stuck in boot, can’t use keyboard

Nov 12, 2020
I am super new to PCs. I got a bunch of random parts from a buddy and we put my pc together. I get it home after getting a power supply and HDD, I have a gigabyte mobo with a i5 3500k processor, with a evga 850 watt power supply and an evga 1060 GeForce graphics card. So I’ve been fighting this thing for 2 days now.
My issues: my pc is stuck in boot loop, it will turn on, take me to the boot screen with my boot menu, bios, etc. I got my keyboard to register one time and changed some things to try and get my windows 10 usb to boot, I hit save and exit, now I cannot get my keyboard to work. I’ve tried two keyboards, both of them in every USB port. I tried resetting cmos(although I honestly have no idea what that is) I unhooked everything except the graphics card, the 20 pin, cpu and the on/off switch on my case. Still getting nowhere. I cannot unhook my graphics card because I cannot get a signal from the mother board. All my parts worked and were taken out because my buddy upgraded. Also they were stored properly. I’ve searched forum after forum and can’t find anything that works. Any help would be appreciated

Nov 12, 2020
Also I get that screen at a max of 30 seconds before it shutdown and restarts
Edit: I did a reset and now it isn’t shutting down on me but still cannot use the keyboard.

Last edited: