Stuck in boot loop, can't fully enter bios.

zomgname

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Hi, so the computer was fine last night. Put into hibernation and today it was off instead of sleeping. No symptoms up until this point.

Trying to boot results in getting to an apparent bio screen but only with "GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS" across the top, nothing else - like the bios won't fully load. It then restarts itself and will continue to do so until I cut the power. It goes to this screen also, without me pressing any keys telling it to enter bios.

Tried lots of things:

• Disconnected everything, including monitor
    Removed graphics card
    Removed ram sticks one by one
    Disconnected cmos battery for 30 seconds
    Dusted out everything - nothing was very dirty
    Tried disconnecting SSD and booting from Windows CD
    Disconnected extra internal HD

The PC has Windows 10 and the hardware is about 2 years old.

• gigabyte lga 1155,
    g.skill ripjaws x series 16gb,
    Intel core i5-3330,
    nvidia 960 Gtx,
    Samsung 850 evo 250gb SSD

Just wondering in what direction to go next. I don't know what piece of hardware to try replacing.
Please note that at this time I also do not have a case speaker to hear any beeping.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Doesn't sound like it's definitely a hardware problem (yet). At this point it could and probably is just a corrupted Boot Manager. Few options for something like that. Multipack mentioned running Windows Repair, I would definitely recommend that. Otherwise, you'll need to re-install the OS. If after all that it's not working it's an issue with your hardware.

When you're up and running, back up your data right away with either a disk imager (Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot tool (Rollback Rx)

zomgname

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
This took forever but the issue was finally solved...thought i'd update incase anyone else searches this issue.

Just like to also note I could literally not get past the "GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS" screen, could not boot from disc or drives, etc.

here is what i did:

Cut power to the power supply via the switch on the back.
Hold the computers power (turn on) button. (do NOT release until end)
Turn on PSU with the main switch in the back, wait until fan spins, immediately turn off with back switch (remember - keep depressing power on button)
Flip switch on again. Turn off when fan spins
Repeat
This time, turn on both the switch and power on buttons and release the power allowing computer to boot
For me, I received a new window stating my Bios was corrupted and it started to auto repair to default

After this, bios was wiped off any past changes and I couldn't boot from my SSD, receiving "please select a boot device" and I had to go change some settings in the bios before Windows finally booted in.

So I'm back in and everything seems fine. Is this a symptom of a failing MB? Or a freak occurrence / what could have caused it?

zomgname

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
okay I spoke too soon! We arent fixed yet and I don't have any clue.

So upon getting the PC back up last night, it was turned off again to reconnect the storage drive. Would not boot again. It would not even get to the "GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS" screen this time, rebooting itself with no post whats-so-ever after about 2 seconds endlessly. Unplugged storage drive incase that was it, nothing. Repeated above steps with no improvement.

Pulled th cmos battery again and then repeated above steps. This time I got back in, with all drives plugged in. Prompted with the corrupt bios prompt and auto repair. currently working fine. I have disallowed my pc to go to sleep because I am almost positive if I reboot it's going to happen again.

What could be corrupted bios upon restarting? I feel like it's not really the MB...no symptoms of failing HD... is it a software issue? could really use some ideas !

Jul 15, 2019
What was the final verdict here? Imagine my surprise when you have described exactly what is happening with me down to the same Gigabyte brand. I tried your off and on holding button, didn't work. Perhaps I am doing it wrong. Would really be nice to get my gaming rig back.

Does anyone know anything about a solution? I was in hibernation mode, when I came back home many hours later and moved the mouse the pc would not come back on. So I turned it on... endless boot hell with monitor only coming on long enough to show the gigabyte load screen and then the blanke UEFI Bios screen described above. Signal cuts back out only to come back in 45 seconds to do it all over again. Sucks... any help out there?