Jun 6, 2021
So about a week ago, I was using my PC (nothing demanding) and it froze up. Temps were fine and I was not OC.

Since then I have not been able to get past post on start up. When I turn it on, all the fans and lights turn on, as if it worked. My monitor even responds as if it is going to boot, but all that appears on my screen is a white dash near the center on the screen (more toward the top left but still closer to the center than a normal boot.)

I have replaced the ram and psu. Swapped to another GPU and even tried different pcie slots and reset the Mobo battery as instructed in the manual as well as tried to take out hdd's and ssd's. Nothing has worked yet so I'm basically down to the last 2 components.

Is it either my CPU or Mobo, or both God forbid. I don't want to spend money that I don't have to so has anyone had this issue before? Please tell me what you think.

(P.s. there is no beep coming from Mobo speaker and the CPU light turns on then switches to VGA led which stays on until I shut the PC down)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please parse the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU if it's been in use for a while(or not brand new). Since yuo speak of replacing parts, please add them into specs list with a before and after.

Reactions: Tdizzle19
Jun 6, 2021
Please read the whole thing before posting a suggestion. I have read slot of threads searching for an answer and alot of the time the suggestion has already been done
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please parse the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU if it's been in use for a while(or not brand new). Since yuo speak of replacing parts, please add them into specs list with a before and after.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI gaming plus b450 (refurbished)
I've replaced RAM, and I don't have the models names on hand right now. I'll update when I get home.
I have 3 different types of SSD and HDD, I'll update the models of those when I get home as well.
MSI GeForce 1050ti
Evga supersonic 650W 80plus gold (that's the new one, the old one was basically the same but different model, evga 650w 80plus gold though.)
Windows 10
Idk the chassis either.

Its all compatible. I Used it for quite a long time before it froze up and this started happening.

Jun 6, 2021
Just an update incase anyone ever runs into this same issue. I ended up replacing every component in my PC besides the CPU, and still nothing worked. That left me to believe the issue was the CPU. I'm not sure how it happened but it must have burnt out. I only had the CPU for a few months. I am using the warranty provided by AMD now to get a new one and I will let everyone know if it fixes the issue.

TRENDING THREADS