Question Stuck in selective startup

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I have windows 10 with feature update 1903. I am having problems switching to normal startup configuration from msconfig. It was set to selective startup by default which is really weird. On all systems boot configuration is set to normal but on mine this is not the case. As advised by microsoft I disabled all options from advanced boot menu so that my configuration does not revert. But it still does. When I disable debug the selective startup option is set by default. When I choose normal startup debug option gets enabled by default. So the two seem to be linked to each other.

Hello

Can you please confirm if you're using any third-party PC optimization tool such as Ccleaner, Tuneup Utilities, Ashampoo WinOptimizer, etc.?

Sometime, these tools manage the PC configuration on their own to optimize the boot process. Removing or temporarily disabling such a tool might help. However, if any such tool is automatically managing the settings, it's better to leave them alone as they might be doing so to reduce the boot time.

Please report back with the results if any further assistance is needed.

Good Luck!!

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Hello

Can you please confirm if you're using any third-party PC optimization tool such as Ccleaner, Tuneup Utilities, Ashampoo WinOptimizer, etc.?

Sometime, these tools manage the PC configuration on their own to optimize the boot process. Removing or temporarily disabling such a tool might help. However, if any such tool is automatically managing the settings, it's better to leave them alone as they might be doing so to reduce the boot time.

Please report back with the results if any further assistance is needed.

Good Luck!!
I don't use any third party software, just Avast. And I tried running BCdedit commands too. But the debug option is enabled by default on my system even in debug mode. I am searching for a registry command which can solve the issue. It does not seem that simple to me. It may the motherboard. I have tried running in safe mode with networking but it still has the same behaviour.