Stuck in UEFI

Kokoloco

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Hi guys. So, my pc got randomly a blue screen, so I restarted my pc, however - My pc froze again so I restarted it again. After that the only thing my pc does is booting into uefi automatically. It doesn't wanna boot into Windows. My HDD is listed in bios. What could the problem be? Thanks.

Solution
UPDATE: I have managed to fix it by reinstalling win 8.1, this with an ISO file through USB. I didn't need an activation code because win already existed in my BIOS I suppose Bad news is that I lost everything, so now I have to download everything once again, and all my saves are gone. Thank you for your support! Possible cause: Defected D: drive, possibly dead.

Reyaz123

Admirable
If you have trouble finding the CMOS battery, just remove your hard drive and boot your pc. It should automatically allow you to access your bios settings and you can select load default settings from there. Put the hard drive in after doing this, and reboot

Kokoloco

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I "re-seated" the CMOS and that didn't work. It just made the American megatrends logo to show up. I also tried What you said reyaz and that didn't work /: the weird thing is that it does identify my hdd, but somehow it still doesn't wanna launch my OS

Reyaz123

Admirable
Get a recovery disc or usb for your OS (you will need another computer to do this. Example download iso for windows 8, burn it to cd, or use rufus to create a bootable device)

Boot using the cd or usb, access your recovery settings and open cmd (command prompt)

Type in the cmd
Bootrec /fixmbr
Bootrec /fixboot
Bootrec /rebuildbcd

Reboot and take out the cd, hopefully this fixes your boot problem.

Kokoloco

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
UPDATE: I have managed to fix it by reinstalling win 8.1, this with an ISO file through USB. I didn't need an activation code because win already existed in my BIOS I suppose Bad news is that I lost everything, so now I have to download everything once again, and all my saves are gone. Thank you for your support! Possible cause: Defected D: drive, possibly dead.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS