Stuck in URU gear-room

alex

Hi,
I'm in the gear room of the rotating building and I don't know how to move big gear up.
I manage to turn on the power for a short time by stepping on the panel, but what to do next?
Only one of the switches stays in place, which will reset if I want to use another switch;
the clamps of the gear will not unlock by stepping the pedal, ...
Please give me some hints.
Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

You don't have to do it in one go.
You can simple do one thing at a time and go back to the metal plate to rise
it again.
The system will power down only if the big column is completely lowered.
I used the first-person mode to make it easier to run very fast between the
metal plate and the controls and pedals.

regards,
Marcel

"Alex" <kubai@gmx.at> schreef in bericht news:eek:psgxo4t1sdutnj2@pcs...

Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm in the gear room of the rotating building and I don't know how to
> move big gear up.
> I manage to turn on the power for a short time by stepping on the panel,
> but what to do next?
> Only one of the switches stays in place, which will reset if I want to
> use another switch;
> the clamps of the gear will not unlock by stepping the pedal, ...
> Please give me some hints.
> Thanks,
> Alex

Stand facing the switches on the wall, with the big gear behind you.
Go a bit to the left and round the little wall. There is a big column
and a metal plate on front of it. The trick is to stand on the metal
plate until the big column rises to it's full height. Then you have to
run and hit the switches and pedals before it drops down to the floor
again. You don't get much time, but here's a hint. Turn off the sound
before you do this puzzle. Speeds you up a lot.

It's been a while since I did this, so writing this from hazy memory,
but you need to stand on the plate till the column has reached its very
peak to give yourself the max time to run off and hit the
pedals/switches. Then you have to get back and stand on the metal plate
again before the column hits the floor.
good luck

alex

Am Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:03:59 +1100 schrieb zhickel <zhickelremove@hotmailremove.com>:

> Alex wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm in the gear room of the rotating building and I don't know how to
>> move big gear up.
>> I manage to turn on the power for a short time by stepping on the panel,
>> but what to do next?
>> Only one of the switches stays in place, which will reset if I want to
>> use another switch;
>> the clamps of the gear will not unlock by stepping the pedal, ...
>> Please give me some hints.
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>
> Stand facing the switches on the wall, with the big gear behind you.
> Go a bit to the left and round the little wall. There is a big column
> and a metal plate on front of it. The trick is to stand on the metal
> plate until the big column rises to it's full height. Then you have to
> run and hit the switches and pedals before it drops down to the floor
> again. You don't get much time, but here's a hint. Turn off the sound
> before you do this puzzle. Speeds you up a lot.
>
> It's been a while since I did this, so writing this from hazy memory,
> but you need to stand on the plate till the column has reached its very
> peak to give yourself the max time to run off and hit the
> pedals/switches. Then you have to get back and stand on the metal plate
> again before the column hits the floor.
> good luck

Thank you, now I have managed to do it.
I hope I will finish the game without another help
Alex