[SOLVED] Stuck on Acer logo screen after Shutdown-Startup

pavlaras74ever

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
Hello i noticed that after the installation of the new ram my laptop stucks on acer logo screen and then i have to restart it so it can normally boot on windows.
Advanced repair tool of windows , can't fix it. (srttrail.txt error)
The laptop i got is Acer Aspire A515-44-R93G.
It had 4gb of ram on 2400mhz (i think) and i installed a 16gb of 3200mhz.
I already know that if the ram's frequency is more than it can handly or more than the other ram , it reduces the frequences to the lowest already existed ram frequency. So the 3200mhz should be lowered to 2400mhz. (in conclusion i don't really think that the new dimm is the problem).

Any solutions? Should i make a clean installation of windows?

If you/she still has the old DIMM module this would be the first test to see if the new DIMM is the issue.

It's probably not an OS issue if it gets stuck on the Acer screen - unless the drive bootloader got messed up. Which isn't going to happen from swapping memory.

pavlaras74ever

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
If you/she still has the old DIMM module this would be the first test to see if the new DIMM is the issue.

It's probably not an OS issue if it gets stuck on the Acer screen - unless the drive bootloader got messed up. Which isn't going to happen from swapping memory.
I didn't remove the old ram cause it's on board ram. This laptop has one 4gb(2400mhz or 2666mhz) on board ram and on slot to add some more , which i added another 16gb (3200mhz)