[SOLVED] Stuck on ASRock Motherboard logo for about 30 seconds during every boot.

dansartv

Reputable
Dec 6, 2018
My PC started to boot extremely slow lately by being stuck on the motherboard logo for literally 30 seconds if not more. It hasn't been happening before. I've overclocked my ram to 3000 about a year ago, but that was only because it was underclocked in the bios when I first put it in. Here is my build for reference purposes: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CYhpJ8

I really need help with this as I am afraid some of my PC parts might not be working properly.

Solution
Generally when it sits at the motherboard logo for a long time, and it's not because of an overclock or some other alteration, the system is probably having trouble detecting a piece of hardware. Might be a good idea with the RAM back to stock and the chkdsk run completed to start removing extra hardware that isn't crucial to the system.

Disconnect all but one RAM stick, your SSD, any USB devices you have attached, etc. Anything that isn't required for the system to turn on and show you how long it sits at the logo screen.

If it starts moving through that screen quickly, reattach things one at a time and see what causes the delay.

One other thing to check is that your BIOS is as up to date as we can get it. According to the...
First I would try removing the overclock on your RAM to see if it makes a difference. If not, boot up the machine and open the Run dialog (press the Windows Key + R) and enter the following command exactly as shown:

chkdsk /f /r C:

It will advise that it can't lock the drive. Indicate that you want to schedule the chkdsk run to be done on next boot up, and then restart the computer.

Bear in mind that this process may take around 30-40 minutes, depending on the speed of the drive, and whether or not any issues were found and need to be fixed. Once it is complete, chkdsk will attempt to fix any issues it finds and reboot the computer once more automatically. Once you hit that point, watch to see if it stalls at the boot logo again. If it does, you may be looking at a failing drive.

dansartv

Reputable
Dec 6, 2018
First I would try removing the overclock on your RAM to see if it makes a difference. If not, boot up the machine and open the Run dialog (press the Windows Key + R) and enter the following command exactly as shown:

chkdsk /f /r C:

It will advise that it can't lock the drive. Indicate that you want to schedule the chkdsk run to be done on next boot up, and then restart the computer.

Bear in mind that this process may take around 30-40 minutes, depending on the speed of the drive, and whether or not any issues were found and need to be fixed. Once it is complete, chkdsk will attempt to fix any issues it finds and reboot the computer once more automatically. Once you hit that point, watch to see if it stalls at the boot logo again. If it does, you may be looking at a failing drive.
I set my ram speed to auto which downclocked it to 2120 just like it was when I first installed it into the pc. After that change, the boot time was still too long, so I ran the command as you said, and even after that scan, my computer gets stuck on the motherboard logo for around a minute. This Crucial mx500 SSD was always lightning fast, and this slow boot thing started out of nowhere. It's not like I have consistently been getting slower and slower boot times. Are there any other factors that can contribute to such slow boot loading times?

Generally when it sits at the motherboard logo for a long time, and it's not because of an overclock or some other alteration, the system is probably having trouble detecting a piece of hardware. Might be a good idea with the RAM back to stock and the chkdsk run completed to start removing extra hardware that isn't crucial to the system.

Disconnect all but one RAM stick, your SSD, any USB devices you have attached, etc. Anything that isn't required for the system to turn on and show you how long it sits at the logo screen.

If it starts moving through that screen quickly, reattach things one at a time and see what causes the delay.

One other thing to check is that your BIOS is as up to date as we can get it. According to the download page at the AsRock site for your board, the latest BIOS you should update to with the CPU you have is 3.50. If you're not at 3.50, I would flash it to that version.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS