Question Stuck on ASrock screen or a blank screen ?

moneymm

Honorable
May 2, 2017
Woke up to computer off. Can’t turn back on. I have tried reseating everything on mother board. And power supply. About 8 out of the 30 times trying to boot up I get to the ASRock motherboard screen but it just freezes there. The other times I get nothing to show up.

I have had similar issues 3 times over the past few months. But once I get on , it says on. Now I can’t get windows to load so I’m just stuck.

In the past I figured it was a loose cable and me messing around just got it fixed. Now I don’t know if it’s power supply issue or what I’m dealing with. Even if unplug everything it’s the same issues.

I have red light on motherboard where it says boot. But I feel like that’s always there even when computer running smoothly.

Last edited:

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
The only thing we know is you've got a faulty Asrock motherboard.

No idea whether it's Intel or AMD.
Age of computer.
Operating System.

Please list all major components including.
Mobo
CPU
RAM
PSU
GPU
SSD
HDD

moneymm

Honorable
May 2, 2017
The only thing we know is you've got a faulty Asrock motherboard.

No idea whether it's Intel or AMD.
Age of computer.
Operating System.

Please list all major components including.
Mobo
CPU
RAM
PSU
GPU
SSD
HDD

X570 amd asrock phantom gaming mobo
amd ryzen 5 3600 processor.
Power supply - model no. ssr-750fx
Radeon RX570

I have 3 ssd and 1 hdd.

Last edited:

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
If you're not sure about the red LED on the motherboard, see if you can find the user manual for your board on the Asrock web site. It should define when the LEDs switch on and off during booting up, or during fault conditions.

On some motherboards, the lights stay on for few seconds, then extinguish when the hardware checks out OK. A permanent red light might indicate your CPU has a problem.

moneymm

Honorable
May 2, 2017
I have removed all the ram. Ssd and hdd, tried multiple video cards and monitors that I know worked. I can’t get anything to show on screen anymore.

When I had no ram installed after 15 seconds or so it reset and turned off and back on. So now I have one memory stick in. But I can’t get anything on screen. I’m 95% sure that it’s pcu , psu or mobo

I don’t mind running to store to buy a new psu, do u think that’s the problem?

Last edited:

moneymm

Honorable
May 2, 2017
I think I’ll go to the store now and just get all 3. New mother board, PSU and PCU. Hopefully whatever I try to replace first fixes it.

I figured an upgraded Pcu I could use anyway. So I’ll start with that.

Do u think I should try the mother board or PSU next? I would love to not open and return both.

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
The best and most expensive option would be to fit all three new components. When you say PCU, do you mean CPU?

Are there tamper proof seals on all three boxes, mobo, PSU and CPU? Can you open any of the boxes without the store knowing?

Whatever you replace first out of the three new parts, there's a 66% chance it will be the wrong component.

TRENDING THREADS