Stuck on ASRock screen

harleystarr

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014
Hey guys, when I start my computer up it gets to the ASRock splash screen which displays " ASRock H61M-HVS" and it wont load past that point, I really have no idea what to do. I have a windows re-installation disk that I want to use but I cant do anything its like it is frozen. It gives me the options Press F2 or DEL to run UEFI Setup, Press F6 for Instant Flash, Press F11 for Boot Menu, and Press Tab to Switch Screen; but none of these actually work when I try to use them. Any help is appreciated :)

1N07

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014

First of all, sorry for stating the obvious, but check if the keyboard is even powered and working. ;-)

I've had weird problems involving external devices while installing OS so try removing them all and see if that helps. (Obviously leave the keyboard in, but don't plug it in the front and if you have both USB2 and USB3 ports plug it into a USB2(usually non-blue))

This is not very usual, but it has once worked for me, so you can always try.

harleystarr

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

I ended up calling a local guy who fixes computers, hes going to look at it today. :) I haven't worked on a PC before, but I want to learn how to.