Question Stuck on Bios splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2021
first of all sorry for my bad english. its not my first language. I have this problem where when my pc boots up it's gonna be stuck on bios splash screen for a few seconds then the screen goes black (no display) then after that my gpu fan will seem to be spinning slowly than when i first turn on the pc.

specs:
asrock a320 hdmv
amd ryzen 5 2400g (im using intergrated graphics)
ram 8x2 gb 3200mhz
cooler master psu mwe 230v 450

things i have tried:
resetting cmos battery
reinserting ram
going to bios and resetting to uefi defaults

extra notes:
after i resetted the bios to default the bios freezes and i had to restart the pc then when it boots up again it shows the splash screen. but below it theres a "please wait" writing. couple seconds after theres this like graphic error thing then the screen just go no display again (black screen)

also, the power button doesn't seem to be working to turn off/reset the pc but when i want to turn it on it seems to be okay.

i took it out and inserted it back in. how can you tell if i resetted my cmos battery properly?
check your motherboard manual, you can find it on its website or in hard copy if you have it. it will tell you which pins on your motherboard to short to reset the BIOS.
Here's how you should be doing it:
  1. Take out the CMOS Battery.
  2. Short the two pins with the provided tool(usually in the motherboard box) OR just use a screw driver tip/safety pin. do this for *atleast 10 seconds.
  3. Put the CMOS Battery back in and boot

Nov 29, 2021
i searched
check your motherboard manual, you can find it on its website or in hard copy if you have it. it will tell you which pins on your motherboard to short to reset the BIOS.
Here's how you should be doing it:
  1. Take out the CMOS Battery.
  2. Short the two pins with the provided tool(usually in the motherboard box) OR just use a screw driver tip/safety pin. do this for *atleast 10 seconds.
  3. Put the CMOS Battery back in and boot
i searched on youtube on where the pins are located in my mobo model but i find them rather differently than the one i have. theirs have 3 pins or jumper i think as they call it. meanwhile i only have 2 pins. ill share an image for you to please see..

clrcmos

Nov 29, 2021
ASRock > A320M-HDV - go here for your motherboard manual. it's in the Support -> Manual section.

View: https://imgur.com/qN6eUEz
- Here's the instructions for how to reset the CMOS in your motherboard manual.
Identify where these 3 pins Just short the 2nd and 3rd pin for 10 seconds to reset the BIOS to defaults. (Follow the instructions I've provided before)
Okay so quick summary on what i did is basically. the mobo on the manual and what i have is looking completely different even though its the same mobo version... i found a "CLRCMOS1" on my mobo and it has 2 pins without a jumper so i used a screwdriver tip to do the cmos reset thing. Next thing i did is turn on my pc and suprisingly it works but... im not sure if this is gonna be a problem or not but when booting up theres this slight moments where my screen goes black and my keyboard mouse lds go off then the pc just go back to normal again. Also, i notice these few days that everytime i boot up my pc is that the date and time is always wrong so i have to manually change it... lastly if did reset the cmos battery does it mean i have to change settings in the bios? im new to this kind of problem. Sorry for troubling

Nov 29, 2021
went for a bath and left my pc on (can go to desktop) and after i came back i saw my pc isnt responding towards my keyboard,mouse, pc power button and reset button... also the fan spins more slowly... Could this be caused because i set my pc so that if i were to afk with the pc on the pc's screen would go black and i had to move my mouse to turn it back on

Okay so quick summary on what i did is basically. the mobo on the manual and what i have is looking completely different even though its the same mobo version... i found a "CLRCMOS1" on my mobo and it has 2 pins without a jumper so i used a screwdriver tip to do the cmos reset thing. Next thing i did is turn on my pc and suprisingly it works but... im not sure if this is gonna be a problem or not but when booting up theres this slight moments where my screen goes black and my keyboard mouse lds go off then the pc just go back to normal again. Also, i notice these few days that everytime i boot up my pc is that the date and time is always wrong so i have to manually change it... lastly if did reset the cmos battery does it mean i have to change settings in the bios? im new to this kind of problem. Sorry for troubling
Your BIOS has been reset to defaults and defaults are usually the most stable settings to work with. There may be a problem with your memory. Maybe try running the PC with one stick of memory to see if it still happens.
went for a bath and left my pc on (can go to desktop) and after i came back i saw my pc isnt responding towards my keyboard,mouse, pc power button and reset button... also the fan spins more slowly... Could this be caused because i set my pc so that if i were to afk with the pc on the pc's screen would go black and i had to move my mouse to turn it back on
This could be a software issue. But first, can you try re-seating your RAM/and using only 1 stick to troubleshoot.

Nov 29, 2021
Your BIOS has been reset to defaults and defaults are usually the most stable settings to work with. There may be a problem with your memory. Maybe try running the PC with one stick of memory to see if it still happens.

This could be a software issue. But first, can you try re-seating your RAM/and using only 1 stick to troubleshoot.
Ok just tried it. at first it went black screen again no display no post no bios. then i tried to press the restart button (it works sometimes idk how) then it successfully booted to my desktop for a few minutes atleast. not long after i let my pc idle it crashes and restarted my pc.. after it successfully booted a couple seconds after it would freeze and the black screen would show up again making me unable to do anything (leds off, power/reset button doesnt work)

notes: date and time is off
if i were to use 1 ram it was noticably laggier
pc temp 60C( opening google and apps)

By the way.. i recently installed malwarebytes and scanned for viruses. there was some virus detected but i didn't really read what it scanned. i think i remmember some windows update files service and some registry files... i hope it's not that vital..

Ok just tried it. at first it went black screen again no display no post no bios. then i tried to press the restart button (it works sometimes idk how) then it successfully booted to my desktop for a few minutes atleast. not long after i let my pc idle it crashes and restarted my pc.. after it successfully booted a couple seconds after it would freeze and the black screen would show up again making me unable to do anything (leds off, power/reset button doesnt work)

notes: date and time is off
if i were to use 1 ram it was noticably laggier
pc temp 60C( opening google and apps)

By the way.. i recently installed malwarebytes and scanned for viruses. there was some virus detected but i didn't really read what it scanned. i think i remmember some windows update files service and some registry files... i hope it's not that vital..
Maybe you should try re-installing windows. If you're able to get to the BIOS always it means that the problem is probably software sided and a clean windows install may fix it.

Nov 29, 2021
Maybe you should try re-installing windows. If you're able to get to the BIOS always it means that the problem is probably software sided and a clean windows install may fix it.
Sometimes it shows me the bios
sometimes its just a black screen after i turn on my pc

Hmmm.. what do you think about the cmos battery i think it's good to try changing to new one?

Also in order to reset the pc i have to somehow boot the pc to the desktop and restart it from there? ( i have no experience resetting pc and im not sure what to do after it resets)

Sometimes it shows me the bios
sometimes its just a black screen after i turn on my pc

Hmmm.. what do you think about the cmos battery i think it's good to try changing to new one?

Also in order to reset the pc i have to somehow boot the pc to the desktop and restart it from there? ( i have no experience resetting pc and im not sure what to do after it resets)
changing the CMOS battery won't fix this.

Also you can try installing windows to your drive using a different machine if possible. You can find many tutorials for that online. Don't try to install windows using your current PC as it may crash during the installation and then ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.