stuck on black screen blue windows symbol (right before windows 10 installation setup)

Dec 30, 2018
Hi, I'm building a pc for the first time and I'm having issues installing the OS. I'm not really sure where to ask this question, cause I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software issue. I've built the pc and successfully entered the BIOS, but when I plug in the windows 10 usb that I created, it doesn't pull up the right screen. When I click on the usb in the boot list, it loads a black screen with the blue windows symbol in the center and gets stuck there (currently for more than an hour). I believe it's supposed to quickly exit that screen and bring me to an installation setup, so something's clearly wrong. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this one. Also, as a side note, I'm not hearing any post beep when my computer turns on, even though it should be set on the BIOS. Here's my setup:

motherboard: msi b450 gaming plus
cpu: amd ryzen 5 2600X
cpu cooler: cooler master hyper 212 evo
ssd: samsung 970 evo (m.2)
graphics card: msi rx 570 armor oc
ram: corsair vengeance lpx 3000 MHz
psu: evga 500 br

Dec 30, 2018

I tried looking for CSM but I didn't see anything about it in the bios. To clarify, when I insert my boot drive, there are two options for booting that seem to be available. One is labeled "Sandisk Cruzer Glide 2.1" and the other is "UEFI OS (Sandisk Cruzer Glide 2.1)". The Sandisk Cruzer Glide 2.1 refers to my usb drive. When I click on the non uefi one, it brings up the black screen with a blue windows symbol, and when I click on the uefi os version, it brings up a screen with the msi logo on it (assuming it's for the motherboard). But either way, the computer gets stuck on some loading screen and gives me no error messages or sounds to help me figure out what's going on.