Stuck on bootup screen

Eitank94

Commendable
May 17, 2016
My laptop crashed today and at first I was permanently stuck on windows boot manager no matter what I did until I switched the settings from eufi to legacy and now it goes to the lenovo logo as if it's starting up, takes ages just like that and then my laptop starts making a weird sound changing from low to high pitch and just goes black. My laptop is still on as I can hear it and my power button is lit yet nothing is happening. Could really use some help thanks!

Just waited a bit longer after the black screen and now it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart.

I'm pretty sure if I restart it will just do the same thing again though.

Solution
You can find out by watching the screen when the laptop starts up. There is sometimes a button for recovery and its usually F12 or F2 or something. Either that or keep tapping F8 on startup and the recovery options might be in there.

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
If boot manager is missing then that means your current Windows installation is corrupted enough to not start. I doubt it would do any good, but have you tried booting in safe mode?

What is the make and model of your laptop? Do you know if it came with a recovery partition?

Eitank94

Commendable
May 17, 2016

Eitank94

Commendable
May 17, 2016

I'm sorry but I have no idea if it has a partition.

My laptop is the lenovo flex 15-2

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
You can find out by watching the screen when the laptop starts up. There is sometimes a button for recovery and its usually F12 or F2 or something. Either that or keep tapping F8 on startup and the recovery options might be in there.

Solution