Question Stuck on cpu debug light sometimes cpu light

cgodnizzyshd

Distinguished
May 25, 2016
The boot light then stays on, the system cannot detect any usb device. Its stuck on the screen that asks the user to press F2 to continue, but i cannot do that since no usb devices work.

Weirdly this screen does not come up when i reinstall the i3, all usb ports work. The i5 8500 came from a working system, so am pretty sure it works, I no longer have access to that system so i cannot test.

Sometimes it powers on but stays on the cpu debug light, I have given it max of about 10 mins before i restart and clear cmos. It will then slowly cycle thru the ez debug lights then stop at boot, with no usb devices working. It also seems sometimes when cycles to the post light it insta restarts then gets stuck on the cpu light.

I have tried 2 different ram sticks, repasting the processor, updating the bios that failed, becase m flash cannot see the files even when they have been extracted to the root folder, and i have tried clearing cmos. Non of which worked.

Motherboard - MSI h310m pro-vh plus
Psu - corsair cx500
Ram #1 - Adata ad4u266638g19-8
Ram #2 - Corsair vengeance cmk8gx4m1a2666c16
Bios version - E7C13IMS
Boot drive - samsung 850 evo

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins.

Psu - corsair cx500
If the PSU in your friend's build is that with the green label, best ditch it now and invest in a reliably built unit. In fact you just need to go to a Corsair CX550 (grey labelled)unit.

Mixing and matching rams are like wearing two differently sized clown shoes, they don't aid in anything except making you look silly. If you want to have ram, work with a dual channel ram kit or at least 2 identical ram sticks.

You sure your got the motherboard model right? According to their support site;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-PRO-VH-PLUS/support
there's no E7C13IMS listed in the BIOS section of the motherboard.

updating the bios that failed,
Using the wrong BIOS on the right board can and will ruin your life, not just your day or your wallet.

cgodnizzyshd

Distinguished
May 25, 2016

Psu - corsair cx500
If the PSU in your friend's build is that with the green label, best ditch it now and invest in a reliably built unit. In fact you just need to go to a Corsair CX550 (grey labelled)unit.

Mixing and matching rams are like wearing two differently sized clown shoes, they don't aid in anything except making you look silly. If you want to have ram, work with a dual channel ram kit or at least 2 identical ram sticks.

Using the wrong BIOS on the right board can and will ruin your life, not just your day or your wallet.

Psu - corsair cx500

I thought some pints were bent or broken, I checked n i cannot see any, if i reinstall the i3 9100f it posts. So that means all pins are owk right?

If the psu is the issue i would definitely upgrade it asap, the current psu should be enough at the very least to get the i5 8500 with no gpu to post right?

The ram sticks are from 2 different machines, I was using them to test, the system does not run on 2 different ram sticks at the same it, my mistake did not mention that when i made the post.

The model is correct. That is the same page i download the rom from. I reinstalled the i3 and checked the bios, it was released on 2019-04-11, E7C13v13.

A wrong bios might kill the mobo, but i really don't know what else to do to fix it. I should clarify it failed, because mflash couldnt see the bios flash file on the flash.