Stuck on lock screen. No dialogue box for PIN

Prov0lone

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
I built a new PC the other day, everything went flawless and I have been browsing and playing games. Today, a game wasn't working right with my HTC Vive and a solution was to delete the files in safe mode. I did shift+restart but all I got was the regular lock screen. I click space to bring up the password box and nothing happens. The tools in the bottom right come up and I try to shift+restart and it boots the same way. My hdmi is plugged into the motherboard right now and when booting it goes right to the lock screen. However, when the hdmi is in the GPU, first I see the MSI screen for my motherboard and bios and boot options. When I click to get into bios or start boot options, my tv says no input detected, but everything is still on.

Solution
see if going to safe mode via installer helps at all. Sometimes just going into safe mode can fix things like this, and you wanted to go there anyway?

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

why are you booting off motherboard hdmi when you have a GPU? Should only use main card then

what are specs of PC?

Colif

Win 11 Master
see if going to safe mode via installer helps at all. Sometimes just going into safe mode can fix things like this, and you wanted to go there anyway?

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

why are you booting off motherboard hdmi when you have a GPU? Should only use main card then

what are specs of PC?

Solution