Stuck on Log on screen. ASUS tower running windows 10

datomicrushlives

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
So my wifi connection began to be a little spotty and started disconnecting and then all of a sudden i kept restarting itself over and over again. When i get to the login screen my account is already set up so i put my password in and hit enter but... it won't log in. It just highlights the password and won't let me do anything. Also before i enter a password the "show password" icon and the "shut down" icon both work. The power options are as they should be but they don't do anything. Once i've attempted to enter my password the show password dissappears and the power options can no longer be brought up. I can't use the on screen keyboard in ease of access either, i can click the button but it doesn't register. It's like it doesn't have an action protocol. Please help.

I am u nable to boot safe mode but "UEFI BIOS Utility-Advanced" is running on my screen

Solution
If you have your Windows installation media or a recovery disc / drive that is going to be the easiest way in your situation. Otherwise you can try tricking it by interrupting the startup.

If you can get it to say "Windows did not shut down correctly" it should give you the option to start in Safe Mode.

datomicrushlives

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
"If you can get into the BIOS, you should also be able to access the advanced start-up options. Try spamming F8 after the POST report."

You're probably going to have to spell this out for me because I'm unable to find where i can do that

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
If you have your Windows installation media or a recovery disc / drive that is going to be the easiest way in your situation. Otherwise you can try tricking it by interrupting the startup.

If you can get it to say "Windows did not shut down correctly" it should give you the option to start in Safe Mode.

Solution

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017

There is a button in the bottom right of each post, at least on the desktop version of the site.
q2qj9Ct.png