[SOLVED] Stuck on motherboard logo after BIOS update

Weabman

Reputable
Apr 15, 2019
I recently updated my bios and after updating it, it shows the login screen normally, after that i turned it off and removed the flash drive containing the update since I have work, and then when I opened it after work, It is currently stuck on the asrock logo, i can still go to the BIOS menu, etc change boot etc, but it won't boot to the OS, it just shows the motherboard logo again

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asrock B450m Steel Legend
T-Force Delta 16gb (8x2) 3200mhz ddr4 ram
Gigabyte RX570 4gb
Seasonic 850w Bronze PSU

Solution
Fixed it! I wonder why it took so long after i updated the bios version to 3.90, then i rolled back to the old version which is 3.30 and i can now start normally again

Weabman

Reputable
Apr 15, 2019
When opening it, it shows the splash screen and the bios/boot access key options then it just stays there

(the bios/boot access keys fades out and just shows the asrock logo)

Also, thanks for the response

Weabman

Reputable
Apr 15, 2019
Fixed it! I wonder why it took so long after i updated the bios version to 3.90, then i rolled back to the old version which is 3.30 and i can now start normally again

Solution
If this happened straight after BIOS update, then most likely boot type setting returned to default. Eq. if you used UEFI boot, then it is now legacy/CSM which does not boot system installed for UEFI boot. And vice versa. Change BIOS Boot settings to boot type used before BIOS update.