Stuck on motherboard screen

ekulz

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
hey.
For the past 5 days whenever I turn my computer on it get stuck on the motherboard screen, and restarting it doesn't help. The only way to get it going is to go into bios and then exit bios and windows boots.
My friend said he had the same problem but he had his ipod plugged into his comp and it couldn't figure out where to boot from. But there is nothing different thats plugged into my comp that I usually plug into it.
Anyone know whats wrong?

specs: vista ultimate sp2 64 bit
4gb ddr2 800 ram
amd athlon 64 x2 6000+ 3.1ghz
9800gt
asus m2n68 motherboard

Solution
Hmmm,I had a similar problem with a hdd finally did a reinstall with a new mobo and alls well,maybe you need to do another reinstall,,try it right over current install before doing a clean one , you could also try fdisk space /mbr,might get lucky,if your hdd is partitioned , then format it and do the /mbr before the install..:)

ekulz

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009

done that already, it is. I decided to leave it on the motherboard screen, came back 30mins later and it was going. Weird.

If it eventually starts, something is timing out. Disable any unused network adapters. Check and reseat all your cables; disk cables inside the case, and ethernet and USB cables outside.
If your RAM needs more than the JEDEC standard 1.8V, you'll need to reset that after any CMOS clear.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Hmmm,I had a similar problem with a hdd finally did a reinstall with a new mobo and alls well,maybe you need to do another reinstall,,try it right over current install before doing a clean one , you could also try fdisk space /mbr,might get lucky,if your hdd is partitioned , then format it and do the /mbr before the install..:)

Solution