Stuck on 'republic of gamers' screen

george p66

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Hi,
I have recently purchased a custom desktop from a local store.
Whenever I start up the PC this screen appears:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag [...] 84516.jpg/

The 'ASUS Republic Of Gamers' being in the center and below it says 'press DEL to enter UEFI BIOS settings'

It remains stuck on this screen and the keyboard is unresponsive even after waiting 20-30mins. I then reset the computer using the button and it starts up normally.
I have had to repeat this process whenever I want to use the computer and am getting worried it may damage the PC and be a major issue.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene
Processor: Core i7 5770k
GPU: Gigabyte HD7870 OC version
RAM: Kingston 4gb DRR3 16000 (x4)

Is there any solution to this?

Thank you in advance,

Regards George P66

Solution
yeah, try a different keyboard and mouse, and different USB ports on the computer. Also, it probably won't damage the OS, cause it's not accessing any system files. But failure to post may mean that hardware failure is imminent. Might wana ask the store about it.

Has it done this EVERY time, since purchasing the system? If so, they gave u a faulty system and u should be able to have them take care of it. Prly a mobo issue or something.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
yeah, try a different keyboard and mouse, and different USB ports on the computer. Also, it probably won't damage the OS, cause it's not accessing any system files. But failure to post may mean that hardware failure is imminent. Might wana ask the store about it.

Has it done this EVERY time, since purchasing the system? If so, they gave u a faulty system and u should be able to have them take care of it. Prly a mobo issue or something.

Solution

george p66

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010

Ok. So I found out it was my external hardrive which causing the problem. Its a Seagate GOFlex 1TB. What do I do to solve this?