Question Stuck on Splash Screen After BIOS Update

Sep 21, 2018
I've just recently updated my bios on the Intel Dh61ww from 0048 to 0099 using the Intel express software. Now, when I boot the pc it gets stuck on the splash screen.
I can get to the BIOS using F2 during booting, the system just won't boot to Windows.
I've tried replacing the Cmos Battery, did nothing. I used the jumper on the motherboard to put the system into recovery mode to recover the BIOS, doesn't give a display. I've also tried setting the Ssd as primary boot device, still doesn't work.
Any fixes or bricked board?
Can send images of bios settings if requested.

Intel Desktop Board doesn't boot after a BIOS update if your hard drive was configured to IDE.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS setup.
  2. Set the drive configuration back to IDE.
  3. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS setup.
Depending on the board model, the drive configuration setting is changed either through the Advanced menu or the SATA Drives menu:
  • Go to the Advanced > Drive Configuration menu. Set Configure SATA As... to IDE.
  • Go to the SATA Drives menu. Set Chipset-SATA Mode to IDE.
Flashing the BIOS returns BIOS options to default values. It is a good idea to write down any custom BIOS option changes that you have before flashing the BIOS.

Sep 21, 2018
Just tried it and seems to have fixed it, cheers! However, I now got another issue haha. I got a Gtx 770 with an XFX650W, and there is no display on screen when gpu is plugged in. I also can't switch it off got some reason when it is plugged in.