Stuck on Win 7 installation screen

banana14

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
I'm having all sorts of issues trying to install Windows 7 on a clean system. After booting from CD and getting to the pretty blue installation screen, it just hangs there for a while with no installation window until the screen turns black and I have to shutdown the computer manually. This has happened with both the CD bootup and booting from a USB stick...same thing. To make matters worse, I grabbed a copy of Win 8.1 and booted from USB and the same exact thing happens! It just hangs on the installation screen with no install window until my screen just goes black.

I've tried removing all unnecessary USB components (just mouse and keyboard) and tried only using one stick of memory to no avail. I've heard using integrated graphics is an option, but my mobo has no integrated graphics so I'm stuck with using my video card. I've also reset the cmos and there was no difference.

Any ideas would be greatly helpful. I've been at this thing for literally days now and am running out of ideas.

Meatfish

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Stupid question, but is it definitely hanging? I did have a problem when installing windows 7 on an i7 where it looked like it hung for up to an hour but was in reality working away in the background.

banana14

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Nope to both questions...it literally just hangs there. Can't even get to the screen where it asks what drive I want to install Windows on. Sometimes if I wait a few minutes a window pops up asking me what language I want to continue the installation in, but shortly after hitting 'next' the screen will go black. Doesn't matter if I leave it there for 30 minutes, it'll stay as a black screen.