[SOLVED] STUCK PC!! Any help Appreciated

Apr 10, 2020
Hello people. I am not very technical and have run into a seemingly severe issue with my gaming pc. It was working fine yesterday until i went to download a game unto a m.2 ssd i have. I was introduced with a “disk write error”. As any normal person would i went to investigate in file explorer.

When i tried to do anything within the m.2 i got the error “a device which does not exist was specifed” Ok cool. I restart and enter bios just to see whats going on and i mistakenly overrode the boot onto the m.2 drive. Save and exit...

Pc now stuck in screen that says “reboot or select proper boot device”. Ok great another issue on top of another. I go to youtube to find a way into the bios. Youtube guy says ctr alt del quickly will take you there. Oh but I am unable to do so because my pc no longer recognizes when i press a key. Keybaord lights up indicating its on and connected, but i am unable to enter bios thrrough Del or ctrl alt del.

I am losing hope and have assumed that maybe my pc has been damaged in some way?? Idk, if i am unable to fix this I will just gut this and build a new pc. What parts would i have to replace to have a “new” pc? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Specs(if needed):
Gigabyte x470 aorus mb
ryzen 2600
1070ti
m.2 crucial 1tb ssd
2tb hard drive
128g ssd

TLDR: PC stuck in “Reboot and select proper boot device” screen. Unable to troubleshoot further as my keyboard is undetected.

Solution
how would i go about doing so without a keyboard,?
Nobody reads manuals any more ? Check your MB's manual, in the right bottom corner just above front panel connector there are 2 metal posts called CLR_CMOS. With power right off use a small screwdriver or metal object to short those 2 pins for couple of seconds. Alternatively, you can take button battery out for few minutes. Both methods will reset CMOS/BIOS to factory defaults.
To reiterate again, must be done with power to computer right off, disconnect power cord or use switch at back of PSU if it has one.
Hello people. I am not very technical and have run into a seemingly severe issue with my gaming pc. It was working fine yesterday until i went to download a game unto a m.2 ssd i have. I was introduced with a “disk write error”. As any normal person would i went to investigate in file explorer.

When i tried to do anything within the m.2 i got the error “a device which does not exist was specifed” Ok cool. I restart and enter bios just to see whats going on and i mistakenly overrode the boot onto the m.2 drive. Save and exit...

Pc now stuck in screen that says “reboot or select proper boot device”. Ok great another issue on top of another. I go to youtube to find a way into the bios. Youtube guy says ctr alt del quickly will take you there. Oh but I am unable to do so because my pc no longer recognizes when i press a key. Keybaord lights up indicating its on and connected, but i am unable to enter bios thrrough Del or ctrl alt del.

I am losing hope and have assumed that maybe my pc has been damaged in some way?? Idk, if i am unable to fix this I will just gut this and build a new pc. What parts would i have to replace to have a “new” pc? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Specs(if needed):
Gigabyte x470 aorus mb
ryzen 2600
1070ti
m.2 crucial 1tb ssd
2tb hard drive
128g ssd

TLDR: PC stuck in “Reboot and select proper boot device” screen. Unable to troubleshoot further as my keyboard is undetected.
Have you tried to reset CMOS/BIOS ?

how would i go about doing so without a keyboard,?
Nobody reads manuals any more ? Check your MB's manual, in the right bottom corner just above front panel connector there are 2 metal posts called CLR_CMOS. With power right off use a small screwdriver or metal object to short those 2 pins for couple of seconds. Alternatively, you can take button battery out for few minutes. Both methods will reset CMOS/BIOS to factory defaults.
To reiterate again, must be done with power to computer right off, disconnect power cord or use switch at back of PSU if it has one.

Solution
Apr 10, 2020
thank you very much. My issue has been. solved. Must i mark my post somehow now that my issue is done?? 1st time poster here.